ぼくの日記

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Stalemate

25th May 2006, Thursday

Just a trivia...sort of...I am like 9 more posts to reach my 300th one...unbelieveable but it's true and perhaps I am like the few people in this world who have a discipline to blog consistently about nothing at all...However with a new job on the horizon, I doubt I will have the luxury of time to blog at work no more and I rather conserve valuable time at home for other affairs...Perhaps a weekly update by then...

I can't believe that I slept at around 11pm last evening yet was struggling to get out of bed this Thursday morning, much to the disgust of my mother...
Some updates on domestic front would be that Dad would be relinquishing from his contractor job to a factory worker at Mom's workplace which should take less toll on his aged body..
The entire family stamped our approval for his move which we felt would be advantageous for him at the long run..But it is really down to whether his rigid mindframe and huge ego could accomodate to a new job...
My sister and her beau who had abandoned their Eyptian escapade and was quick to channel their expenses towards a much safer Taiwan-Hong Kong trip which they would depart for this weekend...

I wish I could head for a short hiatus now overseas...perhaps to Milan with my lass or even better to Germany and basked in the World Cup frenziness...
Seriously life is taking a rather stalemate mode....even for a person like myself who binges on mundane, less adventurous lifestyle...
The new job would definitely perks things out and of course draining my energy for the 64 football matches to come by the 9th of June...(Just a note is that Matthew's wedding banquet would definitely clash with the England-Paraguay group match which is ok for me as I rather watch Sweden vs Trinidad & Tobago later)

Back at work, My Sore-eyes is back and quickly preoccupying himself with his side project with "UNCLE" and I barely had time to take a breather myself this morning as I took over the service role...
My supervisor was kind enough to entitle me with some free time during my last week of service here (starting from 19th June) to go over to start learning things which I had intended to anyway...
Despite what the girls had said about how conniving and fake my supervisor is and how biased she was towards JxMMy, I must say she treated me with utmost respect and appreciation and I will always remember her for that...of course she had always refrained from giving me "freaky" presents for birthday or X'mas unlike the girls in the past...

I'm gonna leave you with a trivia you wouldn't care to know as well...the recent Dreamworks animated movie, "Over the Hedge" is actually know as "森のリトル.ギャング(The Little Gang of the Forest"..perhaps the Japanese find that name much more kawaii... or simply they could not understand the word "hedge"...
Of course Verne the turtle is one of the main stars of the show but in Marina Park yesterday, joggers and animal lovers were helping 70 over young cousins of Verne who was lost in the drainage and release back to the sea...thank goodness they are not in some part of China, if not in the soup they will go...


Japanese word of the day: 古い(Stale)To me life can be like a loaf of cheap "Shop & Save" bread...it's way to stale...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home