ぼくの日記

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Ogre Girl

19th May 2006, Friday

Woohoo..it's Friday once more...this week didn't seems to creep that slowly as I had thought...
Looking forward to the weekend with a movie outing for thescreen adaptation of Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" which didn't impressed the critics in the opening of the Cannes Film Festival and even bore my sister's beau to sleep...Perhaps it didn't cater to the taste of the general..Nonetheless this is the movie I am anticipating for this summer beside Depp & Bloom back in "Pirates of Caribbean: Dead's Man Chest"...

I wonder what one would do if you had to sit through an hour long MRT ride back and forth from work in daily basis...
The utopic situation would be finding a seat (which is challenge on its own) and snooze along the way..I had the luxury to find seats from my starting station but recently I just couldn't fall in slumber as easily as I would in the past, not that I had an efficacious sleep every night nowadays...
It would be good if I had a PSP to fiddle with or newspaper to read; but generally I would indulge in the tunes churned out by my iPod and my eyes would start to scan around the area to have a look at my fellow passengers...

I would say 80% of the commuters have rather average features which I would not take a 2nd look, but as of normal human being, I would tend to start gaping at certain personnel with belongs to the opposite ends of the spectrum..the eye candies and the hideous ones...
The former would always be great to start your day with...I know I may be married and all, but you can't fault me to take a second look when some Maggie Qs would step into the same carriage as mine... Then of course with my journey more exclusive to factory workers, army boys and Malaysian factory workers embarking from Kranji station, so it surely reduce the possibility of gorgeous office ladies (OL) in neat 3 piece office attire by ten folds...

Then you have the latter..the hideous bunch...I would think that would be around 0.0001% if one is to make it into my "hideous list"..usually some cosmetic defect or even fashion disaster...seriously I can't help to stare at people with warts, gourd or anything else related..I know I am been too candid but I guess these people would had get eagle-eyes on them on regular basis...at least I try not to look at them too blatantly...

Which comes to my main headline...
I hopped onto the train, slightly fuming by the fact that I barely missed the usual 7.15 am direct train.
Then my attention was concentrated on a scrawny, bespectacled guy who I had seen before on the train..then I remembered he had this female companion perhaps his girlfriend since they were quite intimate the last time I saw themm..and vuala...she's there grinning from ear to ear to see her beau...
I mean it's fine to induce some romance even on a routine MRT trip but it's this lady that as I mentioned above, I couldn't stopped gaping at and sadly she belongs to the latter kind...
Well I know I am bad and she is not that hideous at all, neither I could categorize her as pleasant looking...She is a stocky character with a face I would envisioned on an auntie perhaps in the middle age. She had thinning crown on her head yet she loved to swayed it as if she is spokesperson for Pantene or somethingl; and ladies take note, it seems like it's her no. 1 enticing move that got her beau smitten...*starting to get nauseous now* She got a rather hefty nose, a pair of sleepy eyes and not so perfect skin condition...But it is the fact that she would be busking in a new-found romance and starting to flirt with her lover-boy which make me raise my eyebrows like the Rock, and just don't feel to comfortable watching the whole scene with goosebumps starting to aggravate all over my body.. You might say it's none of my business, but down inside I had an insurgent craving to just see how demure can our female lead gets and how much more goosebumps could I endure..Seriously I would even consider about heading up that Brokeback Mountain if she ever made a pass at me


The very first time I saw this couple, the guy embarked as myself at Yishun and was joined by his lass in the subsequent station of Sembawang... At that junture, there was a guy sitting beside my Lover-boy and there was an empty seat beside that fellow passenger which she could sit on. However I recollected that she made a rather disgruntled expression and Loverboy had to kindly asked the guy beside him to "siam one side"...and they began their intimate routine with some teasing and sniggering and both started reading their own books...I supposed perhaps they are still on the verge of becoming an item so weren't really that intimate ..
Then today on the train, they grew a bit closer but still more "enticing tactics" performed by our leading actress here once more..meaning...more goosebumps for me...

But I am surely throwing my hat off for the guy...he had certainkly attained nirvana or something...
Men are "shallow animals" one must admit who took so much precedence on the physical aspect of women when come to attraction...
But then those are just skin deep, the personality & what lies within is way much more important...
You can have a Heidi Klume-lookalike but had so much expectations from you, ultimately you'll get suffocated out of your own life...
Then again I think there are also millions of men out there who wouldn't mind have their lives ruined just for a hook up with a Heidi Klume-lookalike...


Anyway turly wish this pair had a happy ending and a blissful life ahead, just don't flirt in front of me no more...I had enough of goosebumps...

Back at work, my supervisor is finally back from her overseas conference which I thought that she would only return on Monday...
But then she looked beaten but fatigue and jet-lagged, so I guessed it would not be ideal to talk about my depature details today...then of course HR gotta let her know I had tendered resignation and I believed she would come and talk to me about it, or would she?

Japanese word of the day: 美(Beauty)I guess I am one of those rare ones which is hideous inside and outside...OUCH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home