ぼくの日記

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

All Can Hug Together & Die!!

20th June 2006, Tuesday

I was quite awake last evening till around 11 plus when I prepared to watch Ukraine took on the Saudis and I fell into slumber, only woke up at around 1 plus to switch off the TV...
The next time I got up again after a weird dream comprising of my lass' homecoming and some Warcraft-LOTR medievel warfare thing, it was 10 minutes to 7...
Like groundhog day, it was a week ago when I struggled to wake up on a Tuesday when I didn't even stayed up late to watch football...

Well it could be the fatigue accumulated for a too relaxed start of the week...
Seriously yesterday my workday was only highlighted when I went over my new workplace hoping to get started to be taught about the equipment I would be taking charge of primarily...
Unfortunately the senior guy who was supposed to teach me was on leave...
Nonetheless my future supervisor, the French lady showed me around the place despite been terribly held up with hefty workload and introduced me to some of my immediate colleagues...
I had been to the lab area before but the majority belongs to another department while ours under the cogulated group is occupying a much smaller space but they managed to optimise the scarcity to adorn the whole place with high tech equipments and generally the place looks neat unlike my current workplace..

Of course my direct interaction was with BY who seemed to be pretty well-liked by her co-workers and even the bosses when she could even tease and gossip with one of the 3 heads, this messy but obliging-looking one known as Mark...
We also went back together when she made a rare knock-off at around 5.30pm and chatted about some ongoing politics within the office and how the senior who was supposed to impart knowledge to me can be really "a loafing piece of shit"...
She also gave me an insight on the death of the Russian post-doc I mentioned end of last week, claiming that he committed suicide by jumping off a building much due to stress from work and at home and how his own boss as well as our executive director snubbed him when he approached them for help...
On hearing that, it makes even more sense to leave this sinking ship of heartless assfreaks who some like JxMMy and those minions in the admin would never abadoned the ship for eternity...surely they should all hug each other and go down that whirlpool and should never resurface again!!

I left at around 4 pm from my first half day at my new playground, close to boredom after reading through the manual for the equipment I am supposed to operate...
Back to JxMMy's hellhole, it seems like it was Monday with very little activity in the service front as my soon-to-be-axed obnoxious colleague was too engrossed in his bootleg 80s disco collection...
Despite just meeting some of the guys over the new place, I am sure none of them would be close to JxMMy's pedigree of irritation ever...

Last evening's World Cup matches surely had to be some that drew my least interest and I was more into sitcoms on Star World than the game between Togo & Switzerland...

Apparently it was a night for the Europeans as the Swiss down the Togolese 2:0, the Ukraine even their goal differences with 4 past the hapless Saudis who blamed it on a wet pitch for their downfall and Spain comes from 1 nil down to beat a gutted Tunisia 3:1 with a late blitz of goals which sees Fernando Torres now leading the goal-scoring chart with 3...

This evening begins the final round of the group phase with 8 teams already qualifying for the round of 16...
Only Group E and Group G without any automatic qualifiers with the final game being the peunltimate affair...
The final group games would now be played concurrently to avoid any chance of match-fixing and 4 games would be played for the next 4 nights at the 10pm time slot and 3 am one...
It is really strange that Group C would be played at 3 am on Thursday morning while the group behind them would be playing first at the 10 pm slot...
If it was by conventional scheduling, I would be able to watch my Holland-Argentina game at a nice comfortable time of 10pm...sure is baffling...

Anyway the prediction for the first 4 final group games:

Ecuador vs Germany (Group A)
I can forsee German gaffer, Klinsman resting some players on yellow cards against the South Americans who had picked up momentum in their first 2 games...
The fight to see who finish on top and an easier tie in the next round...
Prediction: Ecuador 1 : Germany 1 (It really depends on whether the players want to step off the gas in more prepared for the knockout phases... but I believe the Ecuadorians will want to continue playing nice attacking football and continue keeping clean sheets)

Costa Rica vs Poland (Group A)
Playing for pride for both teams..The Poles especially will be in dire need to finish on the high after a woeful tournament had not seen them finding opposition's net at all so far...
Paolo Wanchope will be retiring from international scene after tonight's game and his team-mates surely wanted him to have a wonderful swansong
Prediction: Costa Rica 2 : Poland 3 ( I am expecting an entertaining attacking affair with both teams with nothing to gain and just out to entertain the global audience before they depart from the tournament)

England vs Sweden (Group B)
The Swedes have to at least draw with England to stand any chance and hope T&T don't beat Paraguay.. However T&T has to beat Paraguay by 3 or more clear goals and hope that Sweden has a goalless draw against England...
The English will want to test Rooney's fitness after his recovery and he may yet make his mark against a boogey team they haven't beaten in years...
The Ibrahimovic-Larsson strikeforce had yet to show their potential and if they fail to do so in their 3rd attempts, I doubt Sweden will progress far...
The defence on both sides haven't been really tested thus far and tonight's game should gear them up for more potent attack in the next round
Prediction: England 1 : Sweden 1 (The English still fail to beat Sweden and I doubt Rooney will be back on top form as yet)

T&T vs Paraguay (Group B)
T&T still stands a chance to qualify for next round but will need their strikers to up their tempo to score 3 goals or more against a mean Paraguay defence...
Santa Cruz and co. surely want to find the net for the first time as well and T&T might be the best platform for them to do so...
Prediction: T&T 1 : Paraguay 2 (Seriously I doubt the Carribeans will succeed with their paper-thin and ageing squad...but they will have happy memories of their inaugural WC of course)
Japanese word of the day: 地獄の焼跡 (Burn in hell) Most of the people in my current and soon-to-be-former ought to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home