ぼくの日記

Friday, June 16, 2006

Life is Fragile

16th June 2006, Friday

My lass called last evening for the very first time this week...
I thought she would be harping over the bed and other new renovations after I had sent her the pictures the day before...but she didn't sounded as enthusiastic as I had anticipated...
In retrospect, I got a niggling feeling inside that she might not be that keen to come back to Singapore...

She did admit they she is not relishing the thought of coming back and see the sight of her old man again as the serenity of the European backdrop surely makes her forget about the woes back home...
But then what is she talking about?
She got a new family in us now, doesn't she?

Came to work today with the intention to just pack whatever things here that I want to bring back.
Beside the physical aspect, I also brought my portable hard disk to transfer all my files which I hope I can clear my PC soon with the COMIT...
Then again don't forget it was with my office's PC, that my last hard disk crashed...so praying hard no chance of dejavu...
As the mood carried over from yesterday, I am now ready to leave this place more than ever...
I couldn't wait for a day at work not seeing that obnoxious JxMMy who was buzzing the whole freakin' place with the continuation of his Kitaro best collection..
My supervisor who the girls had always mentioned to be pretty "fake" with the way she handle issues and even interpersonal relationships too perhaps start to feel I am a surplus
I really need to break away from her way of "nestling" us especially her love-child, Mr JxMMy D...
Well wish the both of them embrace in each other's warmth till eternity where the sun don't shine...

This morning however I was been informed from our supervisor that a Russian post-doc in a neighbouring lab passed away yesterday...
which really make my hair stand at my back as I could have swear I saw him walking along the corridor with his wife who was carrying their adorable infant...
He was healthy and no sign of what my supervisor just broke to us about..
Until now the cause of death is still unknown
Personally I don't know him well despite having dealings with him when he sent his samples for us to process... Despite been a Russian, he was much easier to deal with; almost fuss-free and no nonsense or complain from him unless there had been some grave mistake with his final results...
Heard he was a jovial person who would casually socialized with the predominant group of ladies in his lab, better than those PRC guys..
His passing would sure be taken hard by the rest.. and what a tragic end for someone so young and with such bright future ahead of him....and his infant would be fatherless in his growing up years...
Life is surely fragile & one should live it to the fullest..which is why I should try to live mine without the onimous entity known as JxMMy who never failed to torment me mentally & spiritually...
I would offer a small sum of money for condolescences if they had remmitted my pay...

Well I believe some Costa Rica players would feel life has been fulfilled for gracing the stage of World Cup now that they had been eliminated in the group stage by a very effective Ecuadorian side

I didn't followed the game closely but it seemed like the team from Quitos surely can score when they need to with frontmen Delgado & Carlos Tenorio scoring for the 2nd successive matches...
I think the benchmark of whether they would really perform and sneak into the quarter finals would be that final game against the Germans.

Well England could be their prospective opposition in the knock-out phase and if England still performed so sluggishly, Ecuador might stand a chance of eliminating them...
T & T held on all the way to the last 6 minutes before conceding that harsh goal from Crouch...
They still stand a mathematical chance of proceeding to next stage as they need to beat Paraguay and hope that England beat the Swedes soundly...

The Swedes too need a late, late goal from Ljungberg to clinch their first goal and first 3 points and ensure the showdown with England would determine who might be the top team to face possibly Ecuador...
Paraguay too had to chartered flights home together with the C. Ricans and Poles merely a week since the competition started...

I do notice the goals are being scored very late in recent games... since the Aussie needed 3 goals in last 10 minutes...we also seen Iaquinta scoring a late 2nd for Italy against Ghana, Neuville scoring in the stroke of fulltime against the Poles, Tunisia draw at the last attack of the game and the 2 Group B matches last evening...perhaps that would be the best time to find the net in Germany this year I guess especially when players are physically and mentally sapped...

Well my beloved Dutch would be playing tonight as the Group of Death starts round 2...

Argentina vs S&M (Group C)
S&M who brought only 22 players to the tournment now also lost Man Utd defender, Vidic for the rest of the tournament...we also seen how the makeshift defense failed to deal with Robben's pace..
The Argentine didn't have a player in the mold of Robben unless Messi when he is fully fit...
But Pekerman decided to replace Cambiasso with Luiz Gonzalez which signal that attacking notion they will be instilling...
The Serbian attack had to do much better if they are to score goals which is crucial to win games..duh
Prediction: Argentina 2 ; S&M 0 ( I think Argentina would make use of this game to further emphasize their coming ot age)

Ivory Coast vs the Netherlands (Group C)
It is apparent that the Africans wouldn't want to drop anymore points and they sure had the players to show for it..Drogba, Akale, Zokora, Dindane etc. look good in match 1 and if Bonaventure Kalou picks up form as well the weak Dutch defence will have a long game...
I think the Dutch once more had to bank on the likes of Robben, van Pierse and Snijdier...
Van Nisterooy will want to score but he will have to do much better while Kuyt didn't seemed like an inspiring substitute in the first game...
Prediction: Ivory Coast 1 : Netherlands 1 (I am being optimistic seriously...I hope my favorite Oranje would step up the gear and score more goals to prove me wrong)

Mexico vs Angola (Group D)
The Mexicans would play 3 up front once again to score more goals but Borghetti seems off color at times...
The Angolans did a fantastic job holding Portugal to just one goal the last time round but would most probably been prised open at higher frquency in this match
Prediction: Mexico 3 : Angola 1 (That one goal from Angola shows the Mexican defense is not that strong)

Saturday....

Portugal vs Iran (Group D)
Cristiano Ronaldo seems to be uninspiring at times in the first games and hard to imagine that with a wealth of talent in the midfield, the Portugese cannot impose themselves more
Iran too needs some inspirations from their Bundesliga based players...
Prediction: Portugal 2 : Iran 0 (The Portugese will definitely click at some point unless Iran did a S. Korea from 4 years ago on them)

Czech Republic vs Ghana (Group E)
Koeller might start after all, and surely the Czechs can be even better and we shall see a close fight in the midfield between these 2 squads...
Ghana needs at least a point in this game to stand a chance to the 2nd round but will find the Czechs much harder to beat than the Italians
Prediction: Czech Republic 4 : Ghana 1 (I envision to see Kuffor burrowing his head with another mistake made)

Italy vs U.S.A (Group E)

The Italians claimed they knew nothing about the American players which showed their arrogance..
But seriously the supposedly stars of the US squad like Donavan, Reyna, McBride, Beasley & Johnson had to stepped up to cause any dent to the Italians' pompousity...
The American defense had been tormented by the height of Koeller would have their nerves wrecked further with the likes of Luca Toni & Alberto Gilardino.
Prediction: Italy 3 : U.S.A 1 (I doubt the Americans would have a good showing as of 2002 seriously)

Sunday...

Japan vs Croatia (Group F)
It's do or die for the Japanese as they need a more composed defense and more fluke goals from Nakamura to break down Croatia who with the likes of Pdrso and Klasnic look capable to scoring even against the world champion if they had more precision and luck..
Prediction: Japan 1 : Croatia 2 (Jaa....kondo mata ne...)

Australia vs Brazil (Group F)
One of the most interesting match-up pitting Hiddink's wily tactics against the raw talents of Brazil...
The Samba kings gotta pick themselves up from the criticism while I feel the Aussie should keep Cahill as a surprise substitute once again after they had tired the Brazilians...
Prediction: Australia 2 : Brazil 2 (I am looking for that same shock result from the Conferderation Cup years back)

France vs S. Korea (Group G)
The French got to score eventually and I feel the Koreans might be the one to let them score...
However S. Korea had collected European scalps like Portugal, Italy and Spain in the last WC, perhaps they are accustomed to add some Gallic flavour into their collection...
Prediction: France 1 : S. Korea 1 (It could jolly be a French victory, just see if Advocado can organise his defence properly)
Japanese word of the day: 壊れやすい~wa-re-ya-su-i~(Fragile) My spirit would after being tormented for such prolong period by you-know-who...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home