ぼくの日記

Friday, June 23, 2006

End of My First Career

23rd June 2006, Friday

Seriously if you ask me how do I feel about my final day in the very first full-time job of mine which began 45 months ago, I have to say I don't feel sad nor thrilled nor indifferent...
A very muted feeling I am experiencing with the top agenda of the day been fulfilling my clearance and hope I get my last pay soon...I have like $50 left to spend...

Anyway came into work today, basically do the last minute handover though Bobby is nowhere to be seen...
As expected my supervisor gave me a parting gift and in exchange, I gave her the card of gratitude as she bidded me all the best...
I had nothing much to tell the rest anyway but in a very diplomatic fashion, sent them a farewell email to tell them to keep the good name (if there is one) going and I will treasure the good times spent with them (if there is any)
In other words, continue to survive under the reign of JxMMy D...muaahaahaahaa

With my PC and IT stuffs cleared (though I am still stranded with the last check from the admin lady of the COMIT team which MIA when I visited her a while ago), the final nail into the coffin would be administrative aspect with the remittance of my staff pass which i think I will proceed to do so at the end of the day just before I am leaving...

Then I will head for my neighbourhood hairdresser for her to shear off the black jungle on top of my cranium as the mass of the hair could not be hold in position by any hair gel I had used so far...
I am looking for a clean look to start my new career with...

My sister begged me to stop writing about World Cup related rumblings here but I gotta continue what I started and I am regretted to say with the tournament half way gone I am not really feeling the quality and sheer excitement I had been expecting...

However with the usual suspects making into the second round Ghana shocked the world when they ousted the strong Czech Republic when the former beat U.S.A 2:1 while the Czechs went down 2:0 to the Italians who eluded from a tie against the Brazilians...

Fatboy Ronaldo scored a brace as they squashed the hapless Japanese 4:1 when Ronaldihno too picking up form for the latter stages while Australia barely sneaked through with a 2:2 draw with the Croatians with Kewell scoring a late, late equalizer...

So for the round of 16 thus far we have Germany meeting Sweden (Germany should win), England meeting Ecuador (I am rooting for Ecuador but I think the English should progress), Argentina vs Mexico (no doubt the Argentines), Netherlands vs Portugal (I am saying the Dutch here and pray to whatever deities that they will make it), Brazil vs Ghana (With players peaking, the reigning champions should win this tie) and Italy vs Australia (Italy is lucky to be facing the teams from Group F other than Brazil as personally I still don't feel the Azzuri is strong enough to win this tournament)

The final 2 ties will be determined this evening:

Switzerland vs South Korea (Group G)
The Swiss is a tough nut to crack and their team is gelling each time I see them play but I am surely rooting for the only hope for Asia
Prediction: Switzerland 1 : South Korea 2 (Still yet to see the young striking sensation Park Chu Yong, perhaps this would be the game to see him coming to world stage)

France vs Togo (Group G)
Seriously the French's fate lies in the hands of the other group tie...
They should have no problem disposing Togo unless something really ridiculous happened.
Prediction: France 2 : Togo 0 (Maybe the absence of Zidane would be advantageous to them)

Spain vs Saudi Arabia (Group H)
The Spainards will send in some 2nd stringers for sure but the likes of Reyes, Iniesta and Joaquin are far from pretenders. The Saudi would be leaving after a slightly better showing than in 2002
Prediction: Spain 3 : Saudi Arabia 0 (I will like to see a Spain-Argentina final at this juncture, so the Spainards had to prove themselves to be a realistic finalist)

Ukraine vs Tunisia (Group H)
After the mauling of the Saudis, the Ukrainians are handed a lifeboat which will see them through after yet another good result against the North Africans...a goal will do the job
Prediction: Ukraine 1 : Tunisia 0 (It's really hard to tell as Tunisia still has a chance themselves)

Well a weekend which seems like a short rest for me as I begin a new career in my short working life...let's hope the new one would bring better things and a more lasting affair since I am well-known to be resistant to job-hopping
Japanese word of the Day: キャリア ~kya-ri-a~(Career)It's unbelievable that some of my friends had changed as many as 4 jobs within 2-3 years alone...

1 Comments:

  • not bad wor, got 2 predictions correct :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home