ぼくの日記

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Filling In With Info

21st June 2006, Wednesday

After the startling late wake-up, I got up myself merely 5 minutes past 6 when I thought I was late once again...
Intended to watch the 3 am clash between Sweden and England but later discard the idea as I felt more justified to save energy for the morning clash tomorrow...
I also realized that the $26 I paid for my World Cup package by Starhub didn't include 8 concurrent matches beamed on Channel 22 of the Sports tier which I didn't subscribe in the first place... I felt I had been robbed of the promise of the full 64 matches telecast...or at least live telecasts and I am set to miss live transmission of games like S. Korea & Switzerland as well as Ghana vs U.S.A.

Yesterday afternoon was a 2nd day at my new department and got to chat with my supposeldy mentor..let's just know him as "beauty" as given by BY and some of her aides...
This gentle-speaking beauty who is infamous of taking long breaks and idling from work while taking advantage of his co-workers' generosity is touted to be a gay as well..
He is a bit girlish but I really dunno the gay part as only time will tell...
He showed me the step-by-step protocol as well as the hefty manuel once again and we discussed about the job scope and all...
Somehow I feel the high throughput training that I had been undertaking when I first joined would come in useful and hope to impress my French supervisor...
On the way back with BY, she then filled me in on the different personalities within the department especially those I would be working closely with and inevitably, there seems to be at least a group spirit which I had been craving for after being stand-alone for the past year or so
She also mentioned that the heads are really tolerant with those who are slow or perpetual pretend to be slow while the diligent ones would always be arrowed with a heavy workload which will be complimented by illustrious appraisal as well...
Overall I think there is a certain degree of camaraderie in my new workplace and as notified before the entire place is more of a office style rather than a scientific lab style..
Politics is omnipresent but I think I will just focus on picking up the ropes and fulfill my duties as much as possible first...
Got home by around 7 last evening, after spending some time speaking to my French supervisor just when it was knock-off time...a sign of what is to come with this new job...but at least I am willing to work late over here...

Well getting increasing intolerant to stay within the vicinity of my current workplace though it's an obligation to see through the final few days...
I now let JxMMy do all the work which I think he loves to hog on anyway and beside minimal housekeeping my role in the lab now seems void
I am close to finish the clearance and most probably will submit my staff card which gives me access to almost everywhere by Fri afternoon and hope that I would see my final pay early next week...

The final round of the group phase began and Germany beat a depleted Ecuador handsomely when the latter rest as many as 5 regulars including their original strike force who scored 4 goals in the first 2 games...
The Germans started with only one change and Klose scored a brace to lift him to the top scorer chart with 4 now...
In the other game which is inconsquential, Poland ended Costa Rica's hopes of ending on the high by beating them 2:1.

Sweden continued their unbeaten run against England when Larsson scored a last minute equalizer... I think the English would be sore about the result as well as the possibility of losing Owen for the rest of the tournament...
I am really sick of all the hype of this English team and hope Ecuador would give them a run of their money...
I am not a big fan of Germany as well but they seem well capable to progress far into the tournament with that home advantage and stand better chance seriously than my beloved Holland, Portugal and Italy...unless the Swedes turn on the form to oust them in the next round...

Ok the run through for this evening's games:

Portugal vs Mexico (Group D)
Mexico has not yet qualified and will want to get a good results against the Portugese with the prospect of even ending the group as the leaders to prevent meeting the inspired Argentines in the next round...
Scolari is certain to rest the 5 players on yellow card after gauranteed qualification.. meaning the Mexicans will be glad to not face a side without the likes of Pauleta, Deco and Cristiano Ronaldo
Prediction: Portugal 1 : Mexico 2 (Scolari said he wouldn't play the 5 even they are 30 nil down, let's hope he keep to his words)

Angola vs Iran (Group D)
The Black Antelopes still stand a chance to qualify but require Mexico to lose by at least 2 goals to Portugal and they beat Iran by 2 goals or more...
Angola might join T&T as the only team not to score in the tournament unless the likes of Akwa and Mantorras can find their scoring boots.
Iran would be sore to lose their first 2 games by 2 goals margin and would want to exit with a high and hope their German-based players will inspire them...
Prediction: Angola 1 : Iran 2 (I am going with the Asians for their experience and now with only pride to play for, they should be under less pressure to perform)

Argentina vs The Netherlands (Group C)
The crunch match to determine who will be the Group C leaders but seriously I don't think we will be seeing that classic quarterfinals from France 98 when Bergkamp inspired the Dutch to win...
Van Basten want to rest as many as 8 players with 6 on yellow cards and the 2nd-string players like Kuyt, Hegdwies, Babel, Jaliens etc would come close to matching the Argentine players if Pekerman choose to rest some players as well, he still have the likes of Cruz, Aimar, Messi and Tevez to call upon
Prediction: Argentina 2 : Holland 0 (van der Sar will be very preoccupied tonight and let's hope he wouldn't face an onslaught from the Argentine)

S&M vs Ivory Coast (Group C)
S&M surely is down and out and will be missing some star players like Kezman and Koroman in addition to those they had already missing through injuries.
Ivory Coast should continue bring about their limiltless energy to display why they should be the best team that is unfortunate not to qualify for the 2nd round...
Prediction: S&M 0 : Ivory Coast 3 (or more) (Wouldn't mind seeing more goals scored against the hapless Serbs)
Japanese word of the day:同性愛(Gay)Hope Beauty wouldn't reprise the Razor Ramon HG gimmicks in front of me..FUUUuuuu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home