ぼくの日記

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Heart & Soul

27th June 2006, Tuesday

I was overcame with drowsiness last evening while watching "Desperate Housewives" and was amazed I was tuning to the final moment of the Italy-Australia match when I woke up to switch everything off..
Well it took a controversial penalty in the final minute of the extra time for the Italian to see off the resilient Aussies....
Then the Swiss missed all penalties in the shootout against the Ukrainians and now it's these 2 in the quarters...

This evening Brazil should quashed Ghana despite some resistance though I am hoping for the massive shock of the tournament I have been craving for...let's say 2 nil for the Brazilians...
Then the tie of the round of 16 when Spain meets France which I hoped the Spainards will not stop short of their recent form by eliminating the French as they should be at this stage...let's say 2:1 for Spain....

My 2nd day at work began with me reaching work just minutes after 8 when only the likes of BY, Beauty and a perm student, Chee Seng (whom BY mentioned who has no life as he would report for work early and leave for home late since he's a M'sian)...
Work didn't kick start when Beauty had to wait for the NTU attachment lad, Phillis who had been handling the chore for the past months...
Then we are short of a vital item which have yet to be delivered and the trio of us went for coffee at a cafe nearby...woahwee...2nd day into work and now I am having coffee during office hours...
I know this guy is notorious to idle but this is perhaps a bit far-fetched but hey I am not complaining...
Well I did try to build some rapport with the NTU chap who might impart some knowledge for work to me for weeks to come....

Back to work, still waiting and soon I hit the gym as with some fast jogging...

After lunch, Beauty was no where in sight and spent sometime chatting with BY till Phillis beckoned me about the arrival of the items we had been waiting for and we decided to proceed forward.without him. and we did though Phillis was still jittery to do on his own...
Beauty came in at around 3 claiming his friend's car broke down on the way back...
For the next hour or so, we just proceed to complete only around 20% of what I have to do on routine basis in the future...

At least some satisfaction for the day of work so far...

Liaised with the HR lady, Michelle regarding the marriage leave issue when she was sorry to inform me that I missed my chance as the company's policy is to claim the 3 days off a month after the solemnization...but I will try to verify that again...
I also checked with her about my leave and pay status and she advised me not to make a din with my former employers as she would liaise on my behalf..and she did and made an effort to do it this very day which once again showed the admin here really do care about their employees with that degree of heart and soul...god....I surely had made the wisest judgement when I jumped ship...

Japanese word of the day:心配 ~shin-pai~(care) Surely beats those assfreaks from my former company who couldn't care less about your welfare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home