ぼくの日記

Friday, June 02, 2006

Wanted Dead or Alive: SLEEP...

2nd June 2006, Friday

Finally came to the conclusion of a torrid week of engagement of mind games and loathe games with JxMMy and surely woulr welcome a 2 days hiatus from him...
On the other hand, I am not that enthusiastic about the new job that I am badly wanting to go over at this juncture...
Well perhaps it's a Friday, the tension at work eases a bit...

My lass is at the midst of a 3 days break from work since today is a public holiday (AGAIN?) in Italy and with 2 colleagues, she is off to Vienna and Salzburg in Austria which requires at least a 10 hour drive..
Once again, as she said I am paranoid about them driving themselves especially they set off at wee hours in the morning as she called me at around 11 just now (meaning around 5 am in Italy), his colleague might not be in the best condition to drive...
Then she would be bunking with the two guys in a hostel in Vienna which didn't goes down well with me but she reassured that everyone in the trip is married and my worries are unnecessary....perhaps I am just too free to worry about such matters...

With the World Cup just a week away, I took a look at the telecast schedule for the local cable network and highlight those matches I want and will watch...
Well with a time difference of at least 6-7 hours here in Southeast Asia and there in Germany, most of the matches are expected at unearthly hours..
I am glad to be able to catch all of Holland's group games which consist of a 9pm on Sunday night (against S&M), a 12 midnight Sunday morning (against Ivory Coast) and a 3 am on a Thursday morning (the penultimate clash with Argentina) which I die die must watch...
Then I want to have a good look at how some big teams like Sweden, Brazil, Czech, Italy and France perform but in the case of Brazil, 2 matches are at 3 in the morning and only against Australia are they playing at 12 midnight...on Monday evening somemore...

The bane lies in the "3 am" slot which contains some delectable matches especially the final group games which can really prove to be a difference...

Then come to my douldrum...how am I gonna get enough sleep and ultimately quality rest if I try my best to follow some of the more watchable matches with a torturing schedule like that...
Sleep seriously is not important to me but I would still need energy to work the next day, and now I am barred from applying for leave till my transfer over...
I could always catch a wink during my travelling time and perhaps reshuffle my sleeping habit (perhaps sleeping at 9pm) to accomodate those gruelling 3 am matches...
But I am at wit's end especially when I start my new job and the round of 16 starts as well...I am surely be caught in the middle as I want to give a good impression at work and dozing off while working is surely not the best medium...
Luckily the quarters fall on a weekend but the semis would be on midweek which is still achievable to watch both matches at 3 am on subsequent days...
The final would be on 12 midnight Monday morning and if my lass is coming back on the 9th of July I will surely try to apply for leave for that Monday to spend a quality day with her after not been together for a good 3 months, while serve as the perfect timing to get ample rest after the final...

As expected mid June to early July would be a chaotic time for me and I am prepared to sacrifice sleep and become zombie if I have to...
The most ideal case would be I had learnt the ninjitsu of splitting many versions of myself like Micheal Keaton in "Multiplicity"...man I am so childish to even come out with that...

Anyway Holland beat Mexico 2:! after a 1:0 victory against Cameroon and 2 morale-boosting friendly victories against quality side hopefully would be a sign for better things to come in the tournament..with only van der Vaart with injury scares, the Dutch team is considerably be in the cleanest state of health and most important harmonous and united enough before the competition begins...
Japanese word of the day: 増加しなさい(Multiply) Well at least let me multiply my endurance level by a few folds to prepare for a gruelling month ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home