ぼくの日記

Thursday, September 14, 2006

2007..Year of Travelling Overseas

14th September 2006, Thursday

Just a quick note on this late Thursday afternoon, minutes away from knocking when the gloomy skies outside wouldn't really help my cause of travelling home...

BY is on MC for today as signs of a bad flu actualized and now I am wondering would she be able to fulfill my work requirements so that I can proceed with my current project with ease and capable to completing before the schedule which is mere days before I'll be heading off for a lengthy marital leave...

Got a SMS stating the fact that I am been called up for a high-key reservist stint and being in April it is blatant that it would be that 2-3 weeks Taiwanese exercise with the navy of the defunt nation which is now actively trying to force their pertulant president to quit his post...
I had rejected an opportunity to go for a similar exercise this year with my marriage as an excuse, which is naturally why they lined me up for the next one...
Many would feel it's a good escapade, a relaxing sabbatical from work with the prospect of heading to Kao-shiung in the Singapore Airlines jumbo jet...
For me anything military, I rather not oblige...however I doubt I can do that this time round...

My lass had been reminded of her overseas vendor training stint in San Fransico (or some other state) in the U.S., highly probable in January...
She will be crossing fingers that the 3 weeks stint will not clash with our Japanese trip in late February
If that is the case for the early months of 2007, either or both of us will be away from home for a while each month with the exception of March...

Add on the autumn Hokkaido trip in October, 2007 will see us going places though in my mind and heart I feel the best place for both of us will be home sweet home...

One worrying factor would be the remedial training sessions on the horizon with the high possibility of me failing IPPT in November...
Usually I grasp the early months, hoping the sessions will clash with public holidays like the Lunar New Year thus we need not attend the full course, but with the Japan trip, I think I can only start in March...
I will then have to clear it by Phase I which be an ordeal task if not I doubt I can fulfill the training schedule for Phase II in April due to my reservist...argh all these regimental army shit is getting to me...if only I need not serve it all...
Japanese word of the day: 海外に(Overseas) Ultimately there's no better place than home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home