ぼくの日記

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Of Baht and Yen

5th September 2006, Tuesday

Yes I will be officially broke by middle of next month when I draw the bulk of cash out to foot the bill of my wedding banquet, I will see my bank account been drastically dwindled to smithereens... all the hard pain to get the account up and going and will be gone overnight...
But I should have projected that when embarking on the hefty event known as "wedding"...and I am sure it is worth it...

On the good side is that after that I can be assured that there would not be a major money-sapping project to follow up and I can start to rebuild my empire once again...

Opening up my budget spreadsheet last evening, once again I am plotting and scheming in how to recover the account back to the glory days while make sure the joint account of ours will flourish with monthly contributions...

As you know money makes this world goes round and as discussed umpteen times before a poor financial state could cost a loving marriage into an ugly divorce which my wife and myself is plugging all the stops to prevent that from happening...

Of course we will need to indulge ourselves with the fruit of our tireless saving and we have overseas trip planned in advance as you might have known...

The Koh Samui trip is 80% in the luggage and all left to do is get a couple of tickets from Bangkokair which is apparently the monoploy airline serving the Samui Airport which the company invested in as well...
The return air tickets from Singapore can cost up to $330 per person which totally dwarfed what Tiger Airways is offering to fly to places like Bangkok...

I have enlisted the help of Tay-chan to change some Japanese yen with the rate at such alluring state and even got my fellow travellers in coming February such as Chan and Bryan to jump on that bandwagon to commit in such premature money exchange...
I have got that feeling that the Japanese economy will be on an upturn soon if PM Koizumi is ousted from his helm or even the birth of the new baby boy in the royal family...
The combined monetary powers of my lass and myself assured we should be very comfortable for the coming trip but in the back of my mind I am hoping I myself to curb on wasteful spending to save a hefty sum for even the autumn trip...

Combined with the sum I am changing for the Thai Baht for our basic usage in Koh Samui, I am seeing an extra chunk of money which I had expected to remain after the major withdrawal...
Which is why I am not feeling to jovial but I am certain the money will be back into my embrace once again...
Which deems the appraisal much more important for the performance bonus in May next year...urgh...how I wish I am more money at this juncture...

I'll end this blog is a rather sad note as a beloved naturalist host on Animal Planet, Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter was killed when been fatally pierced by the barb of a short-tailed stingray in the chest...
He passed on at the age of 44 leaving behind wife Terri and 2 young children...
I have caught his documentaries a few times in the past and saw how enthusiastic & passionate he was with his work in conserving the nature for the good of our next generation...
I am saddened by his passing and mother nature lost a powerful helper.. Rest in Peace, Steve...
Japanese word of the day: 減らされる(Depleted) My bank account in mere month's time...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home