ぼくの日記

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Money Mind

30th August 2006, Wednesday

Last evening while I was collating my past, present and future expenditures in relation with my savings and budget using the Excel spreadsheet, my sister asked nonchalantly whether it was really needed...

Barely 1 and a half month to the big day and you will supposed that the budget should be carved into the stone and every penny and dime has been accounted for..think again...

Cost continues to accumulate and suddenly our living expenses recently had non-knowingly increased tremendously... and this after I had cut my expenditure on my figurines...

My missus and myself had came out with a savings plan for our future with a joint account soon...but suddenly it makes me wonder how soon can that be visualized into actions...
Without any outstanding loan to be buffled with, we can be sure we are off that hook as compared to many couples starting a family like ourselves...
But we just might have to curb some unnecessary spendings here and there even though I doubt we will really be fancy been cooped in a frugal lifestyle forever...

I am wondering I had the money to actually to pay for the banquet now that the tables have kept increasing and most importantly is the "red packet of well-wishes" suffice to provide us enough cash for a hefty bank account immediately...
It seems like before the money is in we had allocated some of that for the extra wedding album and eventually our mini honeymoon in Ko Samui...

Speaking of which I just paid like 7750 baht (around $330) as reservation deposit for the package we had enquired on which cost around 17,805 baht (around $770)...
Upon confirmation, the person who liaise with us contacted me via email and stated the total cost would be 24,000+ baht (around $1050) now which really baffled me with that stark increase in price...
I did in the end got a reply saying I had reserved the room which warrant that pricing... it's madness cos the difference lies in the word "beachfront" which I had reserved and "oceanview" which I had enquired...
I seriously ain't gotta pay that few hundred more and it all kind of added up to 2K plus for this supposedly-to-be mini honeymoon with a autumn Hokkaido trip in view for next year...

I had contemplated on going overseas to claim that measly few hundreds my company is offering for our "flexi-benefit" which in my previous company includes lodging in local hotels or chalets but at my dwarfed sum of course...
However it seems that I can claim that for this work year for my forthcoming winter trip next Feburary for Wonder Festival making this Ko Samui one an unnecessary luxury...

All these money matters surely be preoccupying my brain, twirling it in douldrums... I would like to take it as it goes but at times I am wondering if I should be earning more money now that I am in my 5th year of employment to allow myself, my wife and my family living with less financial pressure...

Anyway I do know that my lass would fancy hitting the pristine beach of Southern Thailand, basking in traiditonal zen-style spa and perhaps trekking on fully grown elehpants in the greenery of tropical vegetation...we might still be going but at this point I wish we wouldn't be going...
Japanese word of the day: 高価 (Costly) Sometime life can really be a costly son of the bitch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home