ぼくの日記

Monday, August 14, 2006

Don't line up 3 hours for mere 15 minutes

14th August 2006, Monday

Spent the whole of yesterday went amok with the video package for our wedding banquet and got to a point of insanity when the entire project when out on me when I was about to tie it up...
But a ray of light befallen on me when I found a much better programme to speed up the whole process and generate a video of much higher calibre...despite is takes up as much as 4.4GB for a mere 4 minute clip!!

As my missus began the week under the moon due to a consortium of medical ailments such as sore throat and headache (too much wining and dining over the weekend perhaps), I had a day on groove to invite many fellow colleagues to my banquet which is top of my agenda including my 3 top bosses...
Also managed finish the hefty reports my French-bound supervisor had instructed before she left a week back...

Over the weekend, I accompanied my lass to watch the final fireworks display around the Marina Bay area as she had longed to and I condescended....
We heard from the Tay brothers at La Tendo claiming that we should go there early to garner a good location to view the entire performance but I frowned upon that...

We left for Esplanade together with the filial Reedy who brought his mom to view the display from the good people from France...
And you could see the stream of human traffic flowing towards that same spot which can be really daunting...
The bridge adjacent of Fullerton Hotel had been fully packed and the very spot we fixated just outside the Esplanade was marauded by a mob of people (local and foreign) hoping to catch a glimpse of the nice fireworks...


The crowded bay


Which made me wonder what time some of those "desperate" crowd actually came to grab that spot... at least 3 hours I supposed...
Then came the display at around 9 which was after I was getting restless merely waiting for less than an hour or so with some Malay kids crying in front and a burly Indian "thumbi" standing to close for comfort...
The fireworks was captivating but nothing too extraordinary to be overly harping about and it ended within 15 minutes or so and left the entire place with a smoky haze...
Boy was I glad to not dumb enough to wait at the same spot for more than an hour to watch just 15 minutes of smoke generating yet overrated display...
It was also good that we hop on the first train as we hit the station if not I wouldn't be a very happy man...




Can't even take a good picture of the fireworks


But if you have a Nintendo DS Lite with that hilarious spirit-cheering game which I had a taste of at my buddy's place in the afternoon of Saturday, I guessed it would be much entertaining as I would help in vain to help that poor chap to woo the girl of his interest with the high tempo rhythm of Tomoyasu Hotei's "Thrill"....with the game of dodgeball which he is bound to lose anyway...

Japanese word of the day: 花火~ha-na-bi~(Fireworks) I was expecting a full hour of display to justify the entire time waiting for it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home