ぼくの日記

Monday, August 28, 2006

Losing Faith in Work

28th August 2006, Monday

Back to work once again as the weekend once more past at the blink of the eyes...
As the last issue of my mishap 2 weeks back now been settled and already been repeating and awaiting results, my latest batch of samples which we ran for a collaborater from Alexandra Hospital who is friendly and generous enough to bring some snacks in appreciation of the help we had provided him was returned to be pretty horrendous...
My French supervisor who had never seen such a huge failure rate in the scores was never been seen by her from the long history of the platform functionality
And yes it is yours truly who created such a ripple in an otherwise routine workflow...not a good sense of course...

After recapping about that since leaving my work behind on Friday to thoroughly indulge in my weekend R&R, I came back to the prospect of explaining myself to my supervisor who will grind you to get the lowdown of every single aspect of why something had failed...

As the title implied I am beginning to lose a bit of faith in my work ability to churn out ideal results at a considerably higher rate in order to win some favorable appraisal which of course is not happening at the moment...
But I shall perservere and see if I can prove everyone and especially myself wrong soon...of course no more silly mistakes while handling consumable which cost tens of thousands....

I dunno how my superiors will feel about my defection from my previous workplace...as it might seem I am not as highly-rated as they feel I should be...
And we had intended to coax YM to quit her current job to join us here by feeling the void left by the Malay lady who left recently who was BY's partner in the preparation stage...

The past weekend seems to be devoid of quality rest once again but pretty fulfilling with quality company from friends and getting some more wedding preparations done...

I was incensed for more than once over the past week on how tied my missus is to her work as they will call her relentlessly about some machine error and failure even when it means 12 midnight or 6 in the morning as reflected in the case on Sunday morning...

She also had to go for work on Saturday but after getting my notice about this spa and beach paradise known as Rocky Resorts in Ko Samui, a popular boutique resort in this prominent southern island in Thailand...
Over the course of the weekend, we managed to get more information and price of a 5 days-4 nights package offered by the resort which we should be deciding as our honeymoon spot very soon...

Back at La Tendo, the young son of their Nagoya toy supplier paid a visit to Singapore for the 2nd year running and the crew graciously made him to do some "arubaito" for the shop by dealing with the customers...they claimed that will help him improve his English...
Vincent started plotting about the Feburary Wiinter Wonder Festival trip which brought more sighs from Karen, the prospective HOD of the IT department of her ITE (of course there is one person in that department) could only peer from the outside...

I got the classy bracelet with a matching ring as a traditional gift from my mother-in-laws and surely it is so much cheaper than a gold ring and I will actually wear it...
In the fit of the moment, I also got a matching ring for my spouse to the cheer of the staff in that stall..

After burger at the newly-opened Carl's Jr branch in PS, where Miyano and Vincent marvelled at how big the burgers are and actually filled my gluttony buddy, we decided to hit K Box for a karaoke session over choosing Diamond Dust which surely has much less choices for Mandarin pop which my lass indulged in the entire session...
By the end of the night, Y-kun (the Japanese chap) wondered if Emil Chau (or Wa-kn in those classic MVs) is the biggest star in Mandarin pop and I wondered of I could ever dodge Vincent reprising the George Lam's 15 minute long medley of madness...

On Sunday, my in-laws were getting some traditional ornament and accesories from Chinatown for the occasion and I spent way too much time conqueoring Nobody+knows' "Kokoro Odoru" in the cheering game on TW's Nintendo DS at the "Han's" before CSC after he did managed to get the Gundam FIX featuring RX-78 for a good deal...
Seriously those crimson stuff for the traditions can surely be a sight for sore eyes and I really doubt they would be put to any much use after the whole ordeal...

I am sure looking forward to the end of a woeful August and hope time inches closer to my wedding so that it can be done with and I actually get some break from work in some paradise on earth...and of course less mistakes made at work by then...so that by April 2007, I can at least get as much bonus as my fellow colleagues...

Japanese word of the day: 無能 (Incompetent) I described as that to my supervisor about myself...and seriously self confidence is not high at this point

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home