ぼくの日記

Monday, September 25, 2006

Guilt Wars

25th September 2006, Monday

Going into the final week in September, and suddenly it dawned on me that my wedding is barely 20 days away... the ticker for the countdown is deafening now and likewise my missus, we just wanted the event to get over with with minimal hassle and problem as possible...

The weekends zoomed past without much substantial rest once again as we crept out of bed so unwillingly this dusk, hoping it would be a public holiday...the Monday blues sure is eating us up...

On Friday evening as invited, my Sec. Sch. mates Huat and HC came over and we chatted over dinner which consist of Mom's specialty curry chicken and seems like HC got the hunch about the fact that I would be enlisting him as one of the "brothers" and mentioned about some worse-off cases when some stingy newly-weds only rewarded faithful helpers with measly 6 bucks even when the newly-weds themselves are very much well-off...
Nonetheless, I am most probably requesting his help despite that my 5 original "brothers" will appeared as planned.

Our hearty chat went through the night even leading to sometime spent at the nearby kopitiam as we remeniscenced over old days of bewilderment as well as our favorite soccer chat, leading to both of them wooing me back to actively kicking a ball on a pitch...what a daunting prospect...

On Saturday, as I was en route to recover from a niggling running nose and prevent it from deteoriating into a bad cough, I went out early with a great time spent with my buddies, TW and CS in the evening...
Once I had popped a Piriton to ease my blocked nasal passage, I was groggy from that point onwards and for the entire period at La Tendo...
I was supposed to meet TW at 4pm but venue unknown...the problem is that my buddy has no handphone or any other mode of contact and I was left wondering if he got my contact no. in case he wanted to meet from 3pm when he was off from the digital painting class he was moonlighting for...
From CS,it seems like we were to meet at 5pm which was the time I reached Dohby Ghaut station as mentioned by him as well but by then poor TW had waited for like an hour plus...

We rendezvous CS who drove to town at Plaza Singapura where we had our dinner at the Manhattan Fish Co., a direct competitor to Fish and Co.
Since it was only 5 plus in the late afternoon, the seafood joint was still quite empty but we felt the staff was very much reluctant to serve us (much owed to that aura we are so famous of)...
After comfortably sitted and ordered some delicacies, we were ready for some updates from our dear Pepsiman about his personal life which drew such ire from me a week back...
Due to the sensitivity of this issue, all I can say here is that he is going to resolve the relationship tussle soon or so he claimed...

After feeling ourselves with juicy fish fillets and juicier news from our buddy, we suddenly triggered our thirst for some group gaming session which had been our favorite activity all these while...
Naturally TW's luxurious room is the prime choice but CS insisted his "revamped" room would welcome our presence....well so did that sleek 32" black-rimmed Samsung LCD TV which provide us the best gaming environment as we fiddled with his Xbox 360 though with minimal satisfaction...
It prompted us to switch our allegiance back to Playstation as we had some fun with an Aklaim-made beach volley game that we like years back...
However the gist of the gaming evening would be the hard-selling of "Guild Wars", an online RPG which CS had been luring me to join his guild for a while now...

With nice graphics and interesting gameplay, TW and myself were actually quite bought into the idea and it did not help when CS handed me an extra copy of the game which he gotten from a colleague who bought it but got internet problem...
I tried my hand on the game on Sunday despite rabid disapproval from my missus as I had that track record of being highly addictive to gaming (well don't everyone) and now is just the worst timing as we are left with so little time for our wedding with so much to settle...

My participation sure got CS hyped up and gave me a first hand tutorial in the cyber realm last evening and seriously the game play is smooth and all but at this juncture I am still very much confused by the great number of quests and the congested online environment where millions of gamers are playing concurrently...

Sunday afternon is when we meet up with the "sister brood" for a rundown of the actual day event...I was at first not supposed to show face but as Edmund tagged along with Jing, there goes their plan for plotting and scheming on how to make a fool of the groom...

However Edmund's presence did help to tide a barrage of "sister power" with regards to the myriad of ideas they are brainstorming to fool us on that morning when me as the groom will be going to receive the bride...I just hope it really doesn't involve eating food that will make me really queasy and puke like there is no tomorrow....
As we went through the schedule, we then realized the number of details still yet resolved as we were mere weeks away but at least we got ample great help on discussion that afternoon...

More marital issues when we headed back to her place and somehow she and my mother-in-laws had to scream into each others' faces to get things done... At least the adorable Ashley (her cousin's toddler daughter) was here and unlike other kids was as quiet as we wished her to be...

Back home, I wasn't too please that some issues will be clashing and made life kinda difficult for me in the coming weeks, which led me to just sink deeply to understand the new game CS had just passed to me...

At least mid this week, there'll be a break when we send the dowry to her place and I wonder if I would be needed to send inivitations with her to her relatives or could I just relax at home and perhaps engaged in my "guilt wars"....

Japanese word of the day: 有罪 (Guilt) CS shown no remorse when cajoling me to play that game admist my hectic schedule....Psst...thanks btw...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home