ぼくの日記

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Making Mountain out of Molehill

5th October 2006, Thursday

Recently our skies had been engulfed in haze courtesy of our friendly forest-burning Southern neighbours...
Some weak souls (perhaps with signs of malingering) suffered from shortage of breathe and been pushing for MCs...
As for myself I am just glad to be working in air-conditioned environment without suffering from the brunt of the haze...

However my mood has been as gloomy as our skies for the past couple of days, perhaps a classic case of "pre-nuptials vexation"...a symptom exclusive to yours truly...

A few trivial issues just get to me as I am days to host the most important event of my life thus far...

Firstly I had an ucler in my lower gum and results in excruciating pain everytime I brush my teeth or have a piece of fruit (mostly due to the presence of citric acid)...
As the traditional sensei might suggest, my body is on heat...not in those twisted way you sicko..but due to the stress accumulating inside...
Actually it's BS as the only stress I have at the moment is not being able to clear a task in "Guild Wars"...

Nonetheless the preparations for the big day is slowly coming to an end despite the fact that we can't get the photographs this very day as I had hoped and some guests are starting to inform us of their unavailability as we had to make changes to the seating arrangements...
All the Chinese tradtional jargons such as getting new everything (your clothes, your undies, your bedding accessories, your life etc.) is getting into me but we had to oblige to what the elderly said don't we...
I'm still wondering whether the next generation will adhere to all these customs or it may just conclude with my generation...

Got a piece of information from Eng Kiong that the coming winter Wonder Festival which the entire clique (with the exception of Karen who is work-bound) is hyping to attend would be push forward to 18th Feburary 2007 which is in collision course with the Lunar New Year...
However the internet still stated the date as 25th but I believe their info would be the most up-to-date since they had been putting up store for the past 2 fairs...
I am still looking forward to attend as well as a nice winter trip to Japan but it just cut the possibility to half about this escapade...

My usually-reliable Pikachu alarm clock failed to exclaim his "pika pika" to wake me up for the 2nd time this week...
Which is why I was shock to have Mom knocking on my door and from the corner of my eye the sky has already turned bright...
Waking up at 7, leaves almost little time to do much which lead me to blow my top once again this morning...over the clock's incompetence and my personal pique as stated from the title of this post...
Back to work, I thought I could nicely finish the final step for 6 plates to be scanned but got foul up at the last juncture which ticks me off; fortunately my mood pendulum swing for a better when I find out the results turn out ok...

Finally as sanctioned by the LTA with the writings on the wall, everyone should notice now that the hike on public transport has been in place since the start of the month...meaning it is 3 cents more for every trip using the EZ-link, $1.60 now for each trip...$32.0 per day and $16 for a week...
sigh....one usual dollar more than what it was barely a year plus ago... for the money-hungry transport provider to take advantage of our inability to get own transport...

The only bright spot would be a day off from work tomorrow for a super-duper long weekend which I had intended to head to the bank, do up the wedding photo album video montage (which is not possible now) and just hang loose watching my stockpile of anime and preferably rekindle my photo-shooting form for my collection...

Over the weekend, it would be badminton with the La Tendo clique and final fitting of my missus' gowns before the big day next week (which should not see her to absurdly grown out of proportion especially she is in the midst of her 7 weeks of "only lunch" diet)..
On Sunday as requested by Fan Han who is the female/Chinese emcee for our banquet, to meet up TW to go through the emcee script which of course was met with cyncism from my buddy who rather spend his day doing his art and playing his game...
However he duly obliged for my sake which I really appreciate...

Let's hope no making no mountain out of almost invinsible molehills for the final week before the big day....

On the side news, just yesterday there had been a case of airplane hijack in Istanbul, Turkey when a Turkish militant who recently converted to Christanity and on a one-man mission to hold the whole plane hostage to force a way to Rome where he wanted to appeal to the Pope to let him get away from a Muslim army... He was duly caught in Italy but the headlines here would be that among the passengers was a Miss Singapore Globe 2006 who is on her way to attend a pageant in Albania...
When watching the clippet while working out in the gym yesterday afternoon without sound (since I don't wear a pair of headphones), I didn't take notice of the pageant queen till reading in details on the papers today that she is none other than a former coursemate from my faculty in college as well as a former colleague whom BY knew well as well...
She had a nice personality at work and we had no qualms though her frequent Tv appearances (as some promiscuous woman soliciting for business with lecherous Caucausian man) as well as those pictures of her clad in barely pieces of satin from her photos in her Friendster account surely raise our eyebrows...
I'm glad that she is safe from the ordeal but also taken aback by the horror of this entire incident...she actually wins a beauty pageant...which tells you the quality present at that particular event...I'll rest my case here...


Japanese word of the day: 山~ya-ma~(Mountain) Sometime I wish there would be a mountain here for me let me vent my fustration at the peak from...and Mt. Faber doesn't count...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home