ぼくの日記

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tying Loose Ends

3rd October 2006, Tuesday

The countdown ticker is deafening now as we are within days to my big day...

Last Wednesday dowry delivery session went pretty smoothly but at the end of the day after accompanying my lass to her relatives' places to deliver the cakes and invitation cards; her tipsy ol' man (after only a single can of Tiger beer) start to emphasize to the relative that they must be well-aware that the banquet is in the afternoon and not the evening, claiming that most of his friends berating him for not reminding him as it seems like an absurd idea to host a wedding banquet in the afternoon....
That notion didn't went down too well with me...despite being the chauffuer for that entire day, he is afterall the last person to make such objective comments when he had barely lent a hand all this while when he was in his "infidelity guilt trip"...

Over the weekend, we went to Chengdu to finalize some issues such as the sound system and whether the CD compilation of the songs I had chosen can be played...
I had forgotten to bring along the wedding montage video but I can be certain it should be alright..

We are now quite certain about the number of tables to be reserved..While she had cut a table for her colleagues, her mom decided to ask for another one, therefore the number was still the same in the end...
Fortunately I went around to confirm the attendance once again as some of our friends and colleagues had something cropped at the final minute and could not attend..Matthew and his missus being a good example...
Chengdu also faxed us the table arrangement which will be put into place this coming weekend...

As for the photographs, it seems like my plan to go down a day earlier was not meant to be as the residential gay-uncle Keanu told me that it was not ready for collection, with even the orginal collection date of this coming Friday highly in doubt...
I had wanted to do the video for the wedding album during my leave taken this coming Friday, so now it can't be happening...
The more fustrating issue would be the arrival of the mattress is penned for Saturday but the framed potrait had to be up before that arrives.... urgh...

The emcee script which needed to be done is duly accomplished, thanks to the template from Ling Min..
But even at this moment 2 of my "brothers'" appearance is still in doubt...
I still could not get Jerry to confirm his availability as he might be sailing somewhere now (but that's about 2 weeks now) and my good ol' buddy Foo, fresh from a personal retreat to Tokyo was back to his old self (never changes much anyway) to say he will have to look at his schedule on that Saturday to see if he wants to stay-over my place ...I was already simmering when I was expecting a "Sure man!" via SMS but got "well it depends how early is that day's programme"...
If it was such a pain for him to oblige to be a willing helper, perhaps to prevent another malignant case of "bad taste in his mouth", he should just reject to be a helper...
His case is so much worse than CS... at least I can entice the latter with my participation in "Guild Wars"...

Over at the work front, since my distancing from His Beautyness, he hasn't been talking or even mere interacting with me much...which is definitely not a bad thing...
We had a new colleague in this Master degree Indian lady whose name I am still trying to get it straight...seems like a nice girl with good working attitude...who is realy well-travelled after 4 and half years in the States for a BSc and 2 years in Melbourne for her Masters...
Surely she is more qualified academically as well as with respect to attitude towards work and co-workers as compared to our previous Al Qaeda-linked one...

As the grains of sand continues to flow in the hourglass, we are tying the final loose ends while the reality bites a big one on us with many things go awry waywards from what we had expected...
Japanese word of the day:拘束~ko-u-so-ku~ (Tie) Some people just wanna mess up those loose ends I thought I had tied...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home