ぼくの日記

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back in Business

25th October 2006, Wednesday

Fancy starting work on a Wednesday, which is exactly what I enjoyed but still after a hiatus of 1 and half week, getting back in full swing working momentum is pretty hard...
Back in office, there seems to be slight noticeable atmospheric changes with some personnel on extended leaves while BY been well cooped with her work and seemed pretty fed up with it the entire day...
His Beautiness had a new haircut (i.e. crop circles) and we had some chat with him, seemingly qualching any disgruntle we had of him weeks back...
As for work, it seems exactly where I had left off, sparingly enough to make my day rather free as once again the "calmness before th storm" syndrome with projects coming fast and furious once everything is in place...

Its quite amazing the 4 full days I had after returning from Koh Samui fizzled pass without me able to do much...

On Deepavali Saturday it was a full day with the clique beginning with a badminton session at Delta Sports Hall (of all places and a shower room reeking of urine odour)..
An afternoon spent between hanging at La Tendo and roaming around Orchard to meet up with a buyer of my item from online auction as well as liberating my missus the boredom of cooping in La Tendo which seemingly ok for the rest of us..
A mini Japanese movie marathorn when she dozed off in both "Death Note" and "Sinking of Japan" which sums up how tired we were as we got on in the wee hours of Sunday morning...

Sunday was spent doing some house chores, i.e. laundry and some cooking while I can't help my tears from gushing after finishing a dorama with a fitting name "1 Liter of Tears"...

Monday was supposed to be a day of working but many people like ourselves jumped on the opportunity of a super-long weekend which spreads to Hari Raya the following day as I spent the morning finished watching the couple of DVDs we had rented the day before ("Helen the Baby Fox" and "Lake House") while I managed to get a few niggling issues off my list such as composing that e-mail for the X'mas gift exchange since I volunteered to be the one to start the ball rolling as well as preparing more sale items for postage from my yahoo auctions (I found a strange phenomenon: whenever I go on overseas trip, those auction items I had been selling online for ages somehow become hot commodities and buyers will be getting on my back for the transaction)...
We headed to Causeway Point with the simple notion of opening a joint savings account, one which offer us the maximum interest rate...
I tried to draw some cash from my account but was flabbergasted by the recalcitrant crowd which doesn't seems to care that it is a Monday which they still need to be at work...
We did get the account which will be the stronghold of our finances for this marriage to be blissful...
We also managed to send the long overdued parcel to the Moris in Iwate in appreciation for their hospitality the last time we were there as well as the prospect of bothering them again in the coming 2007...

Tuesday saw my family coming back from their respective Penang and Chang Mai trips while we woke up really early for a session of tennis organized by the hardworkig Chan though the venue of SAFRA clubhouse in Mount Faber is definitely not the most ideal for someone living as North as myself...
A nice session which saw none of us really getting the grip of the game as neither of us makes the cut to even lick clean the shoes of Roger Federer or Kim Clijsters, but we had fun especially hunting for lost tennis balls which fell outside the barricaded court...
The soggy afternoon was spent relating our trip experiences while my lass and I had a great time counting down the top 100 performances on Music Station for the former 10 years and the latter 10 years in this 20th Anniversary special...

At the end of this long break, both of us became way too lethargic and clingy to the comfort of our surroundings and returning to work somehow became a dreadful thought this morning but we just had to obliged with our commitments...

Thus far, marriage life has been rather rewarding especially with that constant company available and some gastronomical rewards when my lass cooked up dinner on Sunday and Monday for yours truly...
However imminent in her genes, my missus can be getting on my nerves to nag about my laziness though she is almost always right about what she whines about...

Now I just got the urge to get back to my usual life...working and private...
Gotta hit the gym to rid off all those sinful indulgences I had in Samui...
Gotta start doing html pages to describe about my wedding day as well as our short honeymoon which I had penned to do all along
Gotta get back on form to update my webpage...
Gotta try meet up some close friends which I truly feel worth time to be dedicated to from my wedding proceedings...

All of which with the accomodation of my other half...(^_^)
Japanese word of the day:結婚されていた生活様式 (Married Lifestyle) The most obvious difference is when half the room contains possessions that are not yours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home