ぼくの日記

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

She's always home by midnight...

24th January 2007, Wednesday

Merely 4 months into my marriage, it is facing the first crisis... though not a blockbuster type one which might cause an unmovable wedge between us...

For a few weeks now, she has had to attend seminars, courses, group meetings and even arranging to meet up prospective "business partners" or clients for her sidelines after work...
I had been condescending to her need to progress in her sidelines, which is quite blatant when she began speaking alien's tongue about promoting to a new rank within the next 2 months or something...
But it has been gotten quite out of hand when she started devoting almost 7 days per week on it...

Maybe it's the little man inside me yearning for her company though she is most probably right to claim that I would most probably spend more time in front on my PC than actually cuddling up with her...
Somehow I would just wanna feel her presence at home once awhile on a weekday these days...

Previously I knew her affairs would keep her occupied on Monday and Wednesday evening...
Then Friday get-together to some weight-loss group....and Tuesday usually she would trot between meeting at work and meeting with clients...so Thursday should at least see her back home by latest 8pm?
Not this week as I was informed this morning over the phone...which I abruptly hang up when hearing that...

I'm still pretty skeptical about her sidelines but at least do see some progress (though majority still banks on her relatives and myself contributing by buying their absurdly expensive products... $12 for hair gel is way too much!!)... Not that I am the only one throwing brickbats but seriously how many people can really attain wealth as those "diamonds" she has claimed...
My missus is an obstinate one and would even go all out to prove everyone wrong about their skepticism, which can be a double-edge sword seriously...
I truly hope her all the success as she dreams of quitting her present wretched job, and getting big houses and cars just by selling health products and overpriced grooming products and occasionally shiitake mushroom and abalones which now had stock up in our living room...

My idea of a marriage would be just contenting with simple living and making enough for ourselves and some savings for our retirement...nothing too lavish as she had projected to be...

I dunno but through this rant it is quite apparent the honeymoon period is over... I may sometime feel like ignoring every word she says regarding her health guru thingie and her sidelines but always curb my inner temptation not to do so...
Maybe it's a transient progression in a budding marriage and such obstacles might work out through some discussion...

Then again I still got many other things to keep me preoccupied in my free time and somehow I feel like it is back to my good ol' swinging single days again...
Japanese word of the day: 真夜中 ~maa-yoru-chuu~(Midnight) It's amazing she can sleep after that and creep out of bed in the wee hours of 6.30 in the morning with me to prep for work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home