ぼくの日記

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Scraping for Work to Do

6th February 2007, Tuesday

The year of the pig beckons while the anticipation for the late winter trip to Japan should aggrevate further once we chat about the plans this Sunday...meanwhile everyone seems to watch time flies by...

At work, we are virtually scraping for things to do this week and I was even chatting with many members of my department for the entire Monday morning, bemusing how out of the sudden, every platform seems to run out of things to do at this very juncture..even BY who always seems to have something to do, too suffers the same fate of work pending to be accomplished...
We knew that an avalanche of work will arrive by late February, but some dubious planning by the bosses resulted in the lax time now...
Even the projected shifting of equipments are now been delayed to the last week, making everyone really free this week, which is a bundle of joy for the likes of His Beautiness.... Especially the big boss is out of town as well, he can conveniently comes in by 9.30am as observed this morning...
While we are scrapping for work to do here, the HR sent the news for all the mentors to complied the performance appraisal for the year of 2006, which will be the mots vital period of the year with our performance bonus and pay increment on the line...
With my supervisor finally comes back next week after her long maternity leave, I hope my recent track records in terms of work attitude, self initiative and performance should impress her enough..though my theatrics are still much novice compared to Beautiness...

On the domestic front, despite others who claim that newly-weds do not need to distribute the red packets for the Lunar New Year, my mom begged to differ...
We had plan a hefty sum for our relatives yet I doubt it will be enough...the curse of the giving red packets had finally caught up to me...and that stingy side of me is crying out in helplessness...

With the coming Japan trip, my lass was gracious enough not to have a Valentine Day celebration and I duly obliged since it fell on a Wednesday which she would not be free as always...
Then again after that faithful experience at Secret Garden, I doubt I have much faith in anymore V-day fracas.. paying so much for so little food just doesn't adds up now that I am married...
However as feared by many women, that their already-mutedly romantic other-halfs would totally discarding any romanticism to spice up their marriage; I have reserved for a nice Sunday high tea session at The Legends at Fort Canning coming Sunday...surely at $15.80 each, it would be so much worth it than those lame goose liver and outdated caviar from Secret Garden....

Japanese word of the day: ~hi-ma~(Free) Too free at work now, let's hope that doesn't affect the upcoming appraisal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home