ぼくの日記

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Entering Her World...

3rd July 2007, Tuesday

Back to work after a long weekend with my leave yesterday meant for recuperation but I spent a whole deal of it clearing stages in my new-found favorite NDS game, "Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass" which with the aid of a walk-through from some kind Zelda-loving soul in another part of the world, made accessing through this Japanese game pretty easy and boy did it truly made usage of the playability of the NDS...

Ok enough of waxing lyrical about the game... Somehow the report I promised Shitty Green which will be handed it before his departure tomorrow seems to be laced with errors which my fastidious French supervisor once again managed to pick the bones out of the egg... Once again ego seems deflated but it's the work nature, what to do...
Which makes me ponder whether I should liberate myself from working for someone under a rigid structure or be my own boss as those inspirational speakers on Sunday during the convention I was conned to attend...more on that in a while...

After the hearty lab lunch to commemorate KM's imminent departure and resulting in a considerable dent in Shitty Green's pocket, I spent most of Saturday just hanging loose at home before heading off to my missus' business HQ for collection of a set of rather expensive cosmetic merchandise she had just purchased...now I know where her money went...well at least it is of some purpose...

We got to La Tendo by early evening and first time in weeks we met the couple of Vincent and Miyano after the latter's ordeal with chronic food poisoning and their Japan cultural exchange trips...
While the lot was harping over Transfomers: The Movie which they had caught the night before, we made inquiry from our Japan-smart friends on how to plan for a free & easy trip to Hokkaido and our original idea of admiring the beautiful crimson shades of the maple leaves in autumn got a reality bite from them as autumn in Hokkaido is miserably transient and the more ideal place would be Kansai area like Kyoto which might turn out to be our destination comes October/November.

Our final destination on Saturday was my buddy's place as we dropped by (more like making the trip with purpose) to congratulate his elder sis who is proceeding with her customary wedding ceremony on Sunday...
How ironic that she and her hubby could not make it for ours due to a trip up north to Malaysia and we were missing theirs because of a trip northwards...

We tried to sleep early in vain and crept out of bed with red-soddened eyes as my folks were so kind enough to wake up at the wee hours of 4 in the morning to send us to Lavender which was the rendezvous point for our bus pick-up...
I had intended to encapsulate myself from their enthusiasm about their trip with regards with their sidelines...and when I am in my anti-social shell, I could really put on a snobby show which I did for the first half of the day towards KL when the crew were joked and sang songs while I was glad to be drowned in my manga, NDS and iPod...
We got to Sunway Lagoon at KL by lunch time and the crux of coming to this shopping mall cum themepark was to grace the product exhibition which my missus told me was a carnival...I knew her command of English were rather inadequate but an exhibition is not a carnival and I had to drag myself with a heavy and reluctant legs as she buzzed around the joint with zest much like myself when I was in the midst of a Wonder Festival in Japan...

The 2nd part of their celebration would be a national convention at Bukit Jalil indoor stadium..
Once again she mentioned it to be a concert and a convention is not a concert and I would have to endure a full 4 hours of it stretching till 10plus .
However I had to give it to the organizer as they managed to create the atmosphere of a concert with more rabid fans in the 16000 patrons attending the convention...
The pyrotechnics, backup visual and audio system and the way the sequence of events was carried out reveals the professionalism they had pitted for this convention as a way to reward their hard work to make the organization such profitable and powerful within Malaysia..
However the crowd beside comprising of patrons from all the states in East and West Malaysia but also suckers like ourselves from Singapore and also Brunei...
There were mass songs singing and performances from the likes of a Malaysian Idol dude with a lady's voice and Ning Baizura with rather impressive tushie who impressed the crowd with a Chinese song and even a classic Cantonese tune from Alan Tam...
But the gist of the convention was the few speakers who were successful members of the organization who shared their experience of climbing to the status they are basking now...inspirational talk ..if you understand Malay of course as most of it were conveyed in their national language till the prime speaker at the end, a charismatic uncle who had transformed his life within 3 years of non-stop process of building his business without any distraction from trivial issue like relationship which he comically illustrate to be the bane of this business...
While he entered the arena in the shabby scooter he bought back in the late 70s when he first started the business, he left in the Porsche my wife kept emphasizing that he bought with cold hard cash, something she would envisioned to reciprocate when she made it on her own as well...

At the end of it I must agree that the ideology they are conveying sounds perfectly ethical in which "perseverance and hard work is the key to your success" and they encouraged everyone to emulate their success which totally perked everyone up even as the convention came to an end...
I know my wife had no devious intention to bring me to this event, just an eye-opener of what she had been striving for for the past few years...
I know that she had the ultimate dream of retired from her career and focus on this business which had umpteen examples of success unlike some pyramid-scams we grew to know of...
I truly pray she could make it but at the end of it, I am doubtful I would be joining her...well time and fate will tell.

Japanese word of the day: 成功 ~sei-kou~(Success) My immediate success now would be complete my Legend of Zelda...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home