ぼくの日記

Monday, March 10, 2008

Viral Attacks!!

10th March 2008, Monday

It sure had been a weekend of viral attacks...

Across the causeway, the major political stronghold of Barisan Nasional must be wondering if there was a chronic bout of viral attacks affecting their usually loyal citizens to vote against them in the just-concluded elections as opposition parties managed to usurp them and got control of 5 of the 13 states... Things are gonna change drastically for our northern neighbors for sure soon...

Personally I could sense some kind of flu virus had been invading my body since mid last week...
The respiratory tract had been feeling queasy and a sore throat was predictably on its way by Saturday....
The missus put me in a cocktail of health supplements to help build the immune system to combat the viral invasion and I can sense that my body sure was fighting back....
So I just keep my body hydrated for the past few days and hopefully able to expel the virus from my watery waste...
Let's hope it doesn't regressed into a niggling cough which will take ages to fully recuperate...

Finally my mobile phone, the Motorola Razr which I hope that could be be a hardy servant for the next few years or so like it's predecessor seem to had it's internal parts had turned awry but some kind of mobile virus of sort...
It was all ok on Saturday when I turned it off in the evening and I hadn't handle it for the entire Sunday till Huizhen sent me a SMS in the evening when the keypads just got stuck or something....
Feeling frustrated as always with my past history of dealing with faulty electronic or IT tools (gosh what a row it had been the past 2 years), I tried to revive the phone but to no avail.
In the end I just had to brought back my retired Samsung mobile from its grave earlier than the stipulated ICT period...
The death might come in timely as the current contract is ending in 2 months time and I could get a new one which I was pretty reluctant as I find no purpose to spend good money on one at this juncture; guess I need to milk some money (probably from the bonus in May) for that now...bummer

A rather placid weekend which began with a badminton session with an attendance slightly bettered the wretched showing in Hougang stadium months back.
The gang also didn't made their appearance at La Tendo which had seen pretty boisterous business as majority of the customers patronising the joint was families who had just seen "Disney on Ice" at the indoor stadium, in conjunction to the start of the school holidays...
I also spotted my ex colleague the one and only JxMMy D and his lovely (and seemingly very pregnant...hmm..might be just her usual figure) spouse...
I was sure he saw me as well behind the counter but as he usually mousy nature, didn't came up to say hi...not that I bothered doing so myself...
But surely the guy who I once had the intention to murder had surely put on some weight as he enters the 40s...heehee

Another haunt from the past came on Sunday as I just cooped in my room catching up shows I had amassed was my insurance agent who had been rather persistent to solicit for more policies to be signed by us...
Sis asked her over to discuss on a plan and boy she sure could do an intricate explanation that last a good 4 hours or so...

Japanese word of the day: ウイルス~u-i-ru-su~(Virus) It could be viral attack that cause JxMMy to gain such hefty weight...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home