ぼくの日記

Monday, March 24, 2008

Abusive Spouse?!

24th March 2008, Monday

Ahhh.... The Good Friday was gladly welcomed by many as a long weekend like that surely help us take our minds of work and for myself a good 2 and half days of rotting at home, just laid effortlessly on my king-size bed, eagerly hoping to be entertained what the TV on the wall dishes out....

The wonderful extended end of the week began on Thursday evening when I just dozed off when I was hoping to catch Roma vs Lazio, a delayed Serie A game, another chump of free footballing pleasure we get from our free-to-air broadcaster...surely the likes of Foo & myself had been scavenging for however little of that to offer... Just got the information that Singtel miotv has received the rights of airing live Champions League & UEFA cup matches in the coming future, which adds more woes of football loving Starhub Cable Vision subscribers who thought dishing out $25 per month, was enough to satisfy their needs on the long run...

Startled from a dream, I was at first petrified at the prospect that I was late for work when I pried the eyes open to see that it was 7:06 on the digital clock of the home theater system.
After the brain worked the nature of the day, I went back to sleep, feeling relief before reluctantly got up for the badminton session at Clementi...
If you thought that session a fortnight ago was wretched, the gang didn't respond to EK's heed and call for it as I was the last to arrive with the Tay brothers sitting rather dejected and bewildered on the wooden bench, staring at the empty court...
I had thought the good days of weekly badminton was over after the La Tendo move, meaning one of them had to be there at 11 to open shop... Little did we realized that in the end it was the lack of response from the rest of us without such obligations...
We'll wait and see if EK would be waned off by such sporadic responses eventually...
Went to La Tendo and stayed till the afternoon before deciding to just stay home-bound for the remaining of the Good Friday...

Surely we are feeling the brunt of an inflation... Last weekend when my folks were off to another Genting trip, a breakfast at Northpoint resulted in a good $60 gone...
On Saturday brought my spouse for some local Kopitiam breakfast delight and we easily chalked up another $10 between the 2 of us...
Really had to shun going out if possible..it's hard not to spend alot for very little these days...

So I practised what I preached and stayed home for the remaining 2 days, going through the DVDs I had amassed from last week's purchase and this week's rental...
The surprising part was that my dear wife was with me through the 2 days tourney, of course I gladly welcome that...
However staying home for so long had gotten her a bit restless...

Then came that strange phenomenon that she started to get very violent and I was that unfortunate canvas...
Before this exploded into an episode of domestic abuse and shown on Channel News Asia, just like to state that it was perhaps a way to spice up our love life...
However the missus is not petit or something and by some brute force can do some unforeseen damages to my already badly-scarred body...
Personally I do not have a good threshold for pain as well; I don;t even dare to pay the dentist a regular visit for god's sake...
So when she accidentally ramped her cranium up on my ear drums, the agony resulted in me blowing my top and Saturday evening turned out to be quite tensed for the 2 of us...
You win some and lose alot perhaps...

Japanese word of the day: 虐待する~gya-ku-ta-i-su-ru~(Abuse) I will surely not be a wife beater, 'cos that is the worst of all scums on earth!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home