ぼくの日記

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Might be The Most Unpopular Guy in Office

24th September 2008, Wednesday

The attachment girl with us for a while SL dropped by this morning, looking all feminine and all ornated with stilettos, dress and make-up, assuming the role of a sales representative of some high end diagnostic drugs.
It had been around 7 months since she quit her previous job of measly pay and dim prospect and surely this suits her more...

Over the time she had left there was a massive exodus of no less than half of who we had around including BY and our French supervisor...
Of course departures means new arrivals...
Though these newcomers shown much more positive vibes than some of the predecessors, I felt I had slowly drifted away from the people at work...maybe a bit alienated from the rest
Sad as it sounds but that's what I had predicted once some of the usual chums left for greener pastures...

Routine as my work life can be, I had always portrayed myself to be aloof to group activities unlike the earlier days when we all ganged up to scoffed at His Beautiness' promiscuous choice of lifestyle.
I seldom make small talks with people I don't really know well from other groups and even my group.. I felt I could be quite tactless and would say the wrong things at the wrong time and offend the others.Then again I rather surf the internet or do other private things than indulge in activities that would make Shiity Green thinking factions are forming in the office.
In addition when I am not smiling (which is the norm), I don't seem to be the bright character a stranger want to speak freely with.
There were also many instances when I just retracted any friendly nuances when I could surely gather more acquaintances as of now.
Perhaps it's with age that make me less acceptable of any Tom, Dick or Harry.. therefore you won't see me win any popularity contest soon.

As mentioned before Mr Shittty Green had suspected factions within the group and it was pretty evident as the "Tea Time Clique" had gone into metamorphosis mode.
2 of the prominent ladies had left for overseas stint; however the group grew in strength recruiting the new boys who replace BY as well as CM thus breaking that holy triumvirate of the Goddess, JO and CM.
There was also an androgynous student from Changmai, Thailand.
But at least they took less tea breaks which infuriate BY to the point of resigning...

I have no illusion to join the clique 'cos most probably I can't get on their frequency in the conversation...

It's appraisal time of the year and this time we have to do with the Big Green...surely would be an experience and we'll see more sucking up from His Beautiness yet the lab manager role is still elusive for him...
Maybe I should offer him some White Rabbit Milk Candy, Dutch Lady Strawberry Milk and Yili Yogurt bar to him to win some favor...maybe not

Japanese word of the day: 不評(unpopular) I doubt I am even popular with the office janitor

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home