ぼくの日記

Monday, December 15, 2008

Way too Lax

15th December 2009, Monday

10 days to X'mas, still no mood....

For the past fortnight, I had barely decent amount of time at work, which is a salaryman's dream comes true but it was had to ge back into groove when it matters.

Kinda big mistake was to space out the off/leave as I did over the past few weeks...After consecutive four days away from work, it was really an ordeal to creep out of bed especially when you have tuned to sleep at past 3 am in the morning for the past few evenings watching senseless deadpan, stereotypical satirical comedy like "Harold and Kumar".

So what I have been up to during the past few days, laxing at home?

Basically laxing...in an utmost unproductive fashion...

I had intended to carry out those things I set out to do, only to indulged myself in FM 2009...like a drug addiction which you need rehabilitation on...
I had also catch up on some of the TV series, movies and even anime series stockpiled in the crypt but the bane of multi-tasking making most of the viewing just in the audible aspect.

The soggy weather of late also made me disdain from any outdoors activities, though the ploy was to conserve my wealth by confining myself indoors as the forthcoming Japan trip would really stretch my budget (damn you excruciating high yen rate!).
I did headed out to town on last Thursday to get my X'mas exchange gift as well as paying Chiaki another visit at the JTB saloon.

I had the missus with me for much portion of time laxing at home and herself had been glued to her own recently-purchased laptop as an avid fan of some China-based video streaming site...

Speaking of streaming, I had also been retrieving music videos from the golden era of English Pop for myself since my aunties exposed me to Tears for Fears with their "Shout" MV or A-Ha's "Take on Me"...with the nice Videora application, I can upload cool mp4 versions of those ageless MVs onto my iPod which I had since watched on MRT journeys...

Then there was the AFF Suzuki Cup...
Our home team despite the tireless tirade from our neighbors for fielding so many foreign talents as compared to the last 2 editions, we managed to fend against the odds to get a clean slate of records in the group stage; majestically beating host nation, Indonesia 2-0 to guarantee our top spot, and earning that ticket to face Vietnam in the semi-finals.
Based on the 2 leg system, our fearless Lions will try to get a positive result in the 1st leg away before gracing the new winnning mantle in front of the home crowd this Sunday at the Grand Lady which never dies..Kallang stadium.
Unfortunately I had already promised for a family X'mas dinner on that day, so I just had to contend with viewing it live at the comfort of my home.
Once again this competition saw unruly, ugly, unsporting scene when the Myanmar team walked out briefly when they felt that the Viet referee had wrongly allowed us to play a quick freekick which saw us grabbed the 3rd goal and killed off the game.
The Burmese goalkeeper pushed the referee and only gotten a match suspension for his deed...surely tell you the level of leniency of this event.
Myanmar was rightly eliminated from the competition as well..hope they would be made to sit off the next one.

So 2 more days at work and I'm off to the long break again...hope I wouldn't in that lax state once again
Japanese word of the day: 緩めなさい (Relax) You guys should check out Frankie Goes to Hollywood's uncensored version of the MV

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home