ぼくの日記

Monday, December 01, 2008

In No Mood For... Work and X'mas

1st December 2008, Monday

Don't envy me when I said with the start of the final month of 2008, I have only need to work 8 days inclusive of the half day on New Year's Eve.

Yes about time I am reaping the rewards of accumulative annual leave as well as the weekends burnt at work during September.
Then again I think I have slightly more leave than those in the private sector...so one of the rare perks of my statutory board job...

With the maximum of 3 full working days per week, you can't fault me for feeling abit unmotivated about traveling an hour in the packed sardine known as MRT every morning to work.
There are still work lined up to the wall to be done actually but annual leave needed to be cleared, hell even Shitty Green acknowledged that we do deserve a break at the tailend of a rather uninspiring 2008 which ended off with much gloom and fear in some part of the world.

With the time at hand, I am figuring out what I could do to spend my days more proficiently rather than just wasting the precious time (thru. the hour glass...this is the days of our lives) away... Seriously it is easy to do the latter as I did over the weekend when I confined myself at home at my own will (and a weak wallet); basically I just stared at the PC monitor and play Football Manager.
Not that FM is a shameful waste of time (maybe to the missus it was just sapping my life away), but I am sure there are many constructive activities I can indulge in as well...

Top on the list is the chronic lack of activity for my figurine collection webpage...
As usual will try to cook some X'mas cheer on the page with my figurines, but I am running out of idea these days.
Then there's the annual year-end "top ten" with full reviews which I will try to be disciplined enough to accomplish before 2008 comes to a close.

I also have a stack (alright maybe 2-3) of games for the Playstation 3 waiting to be played but somehow I always end up drifting towards the PC-based FM because it is less tedious and I can multi-task as well.

I should also try to come up with the complete itinerary for the up and coming trip to Japan, now that our dear Chiaki had successfully helped us made reservation for Taenoyu while staying close supervision of the movement of the yen rate.

There's a stockpile of TV shows and anime series waiting to be watch but somehow it like anything else, I need to find the groove for it...For a while now, I had an undying yearn to rewatch The Office from season 1 again and laugh myself silly at the jokes I am so well versed in (likewise with Seinfeld, which is on it's umpteen rerun on Star World and I still am a willing viewer).

With my new iPod, I also had the knack of finding some classic music video (especially the obscure 1908s with those New Romantics but seriously have the most endearing pop songs of all generations) and ripped into a substantial video playlist.

I ought to go jogging at that park nearby when I am not working (thus no mandatory gym time) to keep myself in shape...

To conclude I surely have plenty of things to keep me occupied and keep my spending to the minimum when I spend those wonderful times all by myself (Air Supply please...) at home for the remaining few weeks of 2008.

In 24 days, it would be the holiday which means nothing if you aren't a Christian here.
Year after year I had hoped X'mas would be better spent (with well documentation of how I want my ideal X'mas to be).
But Singapore could be the one place you have no X'mas spirits to immense in unless you headed down to major shopping malls and bask in the repetitive X'mas jingles collection while contributing to the economy.
However my sister and myself both agreed that the mood is especially subdued this year...well we could all blame to the financial turmoil but generally this year just ain't that jolly in many aspects...
Well I will just be looking forward to a family dinner where all of us contribute something as like last year (I will want to get that fruit tart from The Patissier I had been dying to have a bite on for a while now).
Then the annual La Tendo X'mas Eve party...A change of venue this year surely should perks things up though the event is almost unspoken about for now...let's hope when the date draws near, people will get more interested....

Ode to a wonderful December!

Japanese word of the day: 余暇(Leisure) Sometime free time away from work doesn't always equate leisure time

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home