ぼくの日記

Monday, June 08, 2009

Roman Holiday...with my wife style

8th June 2009, Monday

Time and money...two of the most elusive assets which men could never ask enough of.
Time and money.. also the main bane to create little tiffs between the most stable marriage.

I must admit I hadn't adorned either of the above in great amount to my wife over the past 3 years, once again highlighting how inept I am as a husband.

But when an opportunity arose with a bit of inspiration, I somehow tried to heal some scars culminated over the period.

The folks went for another Genting escapade but left on icy terms when my old man went on his cranky mode two nights before and shouted at my poor mother.
Well after 30 years I wonder how much more she could tolerate...

I applied for an off in-lieu from the Vesak Day in May which fell on a Saturday, so to spend sometime with the missus still in the "force-leave taking" practice from her wretched workplace.

We headed to Tampines One, the new mall more well known to be "that one with Uniqlo".
It was school holidays, so we assumed it would be pretty insane to part the sea of boisterous kids in town and Tampines is mere 25 minutes of bus trip away.
Boy were we wrong as the shopping hub of the Eastern part of the island looked to amass its own crowd on a Friday afternoon as well.
However at the cineplex, it was like years ago with my transient stint as a "Science Fun" instructor at a primary school with children running amok.
There was no sheppard out there good enough to curb this herd I tell you.

Fortunately they were to catch "Aliens vs Monsters" while we opted for "Night at the Museum 2" which had opened a week ago, so the kids might had caught that.

So movie, some shopping (at Uniqlo no less) and overworking our digestive system at the Japanese style Marche, known as "Manpaku" (literally mean well stuffed), we looked to had spent a rather meaningful day at Tampines despite me constantly hounding her not to splurge, a role I am well aquitted to fulfill.

We ended the evening watching rom-com (romantic-comedy) "27 Dresses" I had rented on her request while dousing ourselves with the sparkling Shiraz I had willingly and lavishly acquired.

Saturday was when she needed attend a seminar the day long as I had the whole place to myself, but lucky I didn't dance naked like Rachel did from "Friends", just getting more frustrated at how I can't score goals more fluently with that mediorce team in Master League of Pro Evolution Soccer. Then again i could always restart when results don't go my way, if only I have that same "PS" button in real life.

Sunday was out with the boys to set up stall at China Square Central but had a decent breakfast at Swensen's before I made my way.
The food was affordable, tasty and filling and there was no rabid herd of children in sight!
She came to pick me up at CSC where we expend my day's earning on some pies for breakfast, a Banana Spin from Spinelli (not grande, not venti, just large) and some groceries for dinner which she dutifully whipped up.
Although she had very limited cooking ability, I could never say no to my wife's pasta which she might had picked up at her stint in Italy.

The night before a long week at work ended with some squabbling as we watch more Japanese doramas as she blew my mind with more things on her wishlist to buy....

It was a decent 3 day affair where we shared nice moments over things we loved (food, shopping, watching movie or doramas) and I hoped it do wonders to galvinized a seemingly blending marriage life.
More ideas were thrown in the air as I could apply leave 2 Fridays from now to coincide to her next off day as we might go for some massage at her spa or even book a hotel room as we always love to...
Japanese word of the day: 修理しなさい (Mend) Trying hard to mend things up...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home