ぼくの日記

Friday, June 26, 2009

Rest in Peace, King of Pop

26th June 2009, Friday

Shellshock was exactly what I felt when I heard of the passing of Michael Jackson whom I refer to as Wacko Jacko in recent years had passed away at his Bel Air Mansion due to cardiac arrest at the tender age of 50.



The jokes made of his child molestation trial was actually a mean to see that people still care

Despite his demise over the past decade with the line of controversies and failed resurrection of his music career, the King of Pop is still an icon and certainly played a crucial part in my childhood...no I was not touched by him anywhere when I was young only perhaps my soul...hmm even that doesn't sound right.

I think it was when I was 7 or 8 when my paternal aunts were still crazy about American pop music with MTVs and Solid Gold back in the mid 1980s.
When the music video of "Beat it" came on, I was bought. The catchy tune the spectacular dance choreography and Michael, still black back then, with his signature red synthetic jacket surely had the whole world under his feet.



This made Michael my idol back in 1986


My aunties bought me the "Bad" album in 1987 and it nearly "dissolved" into the cassette tape player when I listened to it such umpteen times.

Then I caught the music video of "Bad" and I was hoping to get what Michael was wearing at the same time what happened to his skin.
But it was at this juncture that MJ looked the most decent before he went on to pay more visits and surely more truckload of money to his plastic surgeons.

Even in 1991 when his "Dangerous" album, I was quick to buy me a copy. Like "Bad", this album had high replayability with so many great songs and of course he outdone himself with those MVs which was ahead of its time.

The subsequent years saw Michael heading toward his demise with all the allegations, trials, nose-droppings, hooking up with Lisa Marie Presley, making babies with his nurse etc etc.

All I could say is Michael was my very first pop idol and I am sure to many millions of children (damn doesn't sound right in this context again) back in those days.
As I told my buddy over MSN, if he had stayed sane and black till these days, his legend would continue always and always.

Well here's my ode to the icon and the true King of Pop, may you rest in peace (that is if you didn't fake your own death that is)

Japanese word of the day: マイケル・ジャクソン (Michael Jackson) Man MJ was a god in Japan as well...they might even offer him their offsprings

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home