ぼくの日記

Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday I'm in Love....

22nd April 2005, Friday

"I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday gray
and Wednesday too...
Thursday I don't care about you &
Friday I'm in LOVE!"

A song by the gothic British band, The Cure back in 1992 surely signifies the importance of the last day of the work week, the very existence epitomizes how well your entire weekend would go...

For me I love Friday nights, it's also the time I feel really laid back yet totally in shambles due to been released for 5 consecutive days of routine work...which is why there are times I dozed off upon first contact with my bed, pretty prematurely than I actually planned it to be....

In fact Friday nights if you go clubbing (not actually taking a club to whack people but what we Singaporeans love to know as "cheong), you could really enjoy yourself because you know you have 2 full days to recuperate from your hang-over...
For me no more "cheonging" since my early NUS days, so what do I normally do on Friday nights?

Usually I call it "Anime Friday" because I would gather all those newly "acquired" anime I had been fervently following for my pleasure viewing in the hours between after dinner & 10 pm.

Be it whether Harima can win the heart of Tsukamoto or whether Ichigo can save Rukia from execution or who else would come and bother the blissful couple of Keichii & Belldandy, Japanese anime sure fill my every second with fun and leisure...

Well 10p.m you might ask , well it's when I tune into 中天亞洲頻道 (CTi) for 2 of my favorite mindless Taiwanese variety programs now...

Firstly is "康熙來了", it's amazing how 徐熙娣 (Dee Hsu, one half of the group ASOS) who envisions herself to be the most slutty TV compere in the Taiwan entertainment scene can align with 蔡康永 (Cai kang Yong), himself a gay and eccentric authour and educator. They are like poles apart but somehow they can really click and this show continues to prosper especially their daily guests include the who's who in the Chinese entertainment scene now, not a single superstar has yet to grace the show and let their secrets unveiled by this dynamic duo...

After that it's "全民大悶鍋", in which a motley crew of Taiwanese top-tier comedienes do their "cosplay" of some famous celebrities and politicians to quabble about anything under the sun that is bothering the current Taiwan state... This show never fails to tickle my laughing bones and my fave is when a really ugly being they called 九孔 (Jiu Kong) started to disguise as some of the hottest male celebrity in Asia at the moment such as Eguchi Yousuke (江口洋介), Bae Yong Jeon & Jay Chou...but the most endearing one & the most entertaining one has to be his personification of 費翔 (Fei Xiang, a 80s singer who look irresistable evn at the age of 40 and a dashing broadway star who sends millions of young girls' hearts flustering)...
He love to croon the twisted version of "Phantom of the Opera" which can be really really hilarious....

I could even laugh till I doze off...

Man looking at what's been keeping my Friday nights alive, I think I need a corner to repent now....

Japanese word of the day:金曜日 ~Gin-you-bi~ (Friday) I'm in love!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home