ぼくの日記

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fallout of it all...

7th July 2005, Thursday

So London managed to pip Paris for the right to host the 2012 Olympics after 4 rounds of elimination which we see Moscow, New York & Madrid (in order) been knocked out one by one after voting...
So joy to Blair, Beckham and co. and boo-hoo to the French who incidentally got voted over for 3of the last 4 Olympics...
I also got to know that it's inaugural for the IOC to meet in such a way when all the candidiate cities are to do do their enticing presentations at a single locations as in the past the IOC would have to travel from city to city for the entire process... so it did came out positive to us the host city....

Anyway my fervent evanglist and well-articulated friend, Kenneth buzzed to enquire on my decision of whether I'll be interested to join his cell group coming Sunday...
I was adamant about my decision but simply would be hard to deter his persistance..
So the well-expected call came in at around 7 in the evening which I just did not answer (yes typical of me to run away from reality)
I sent him a short message, claiming that I'm in the midst of a movie thus couldn't pick up his call and insisted that I would have to reject his "nice" offer, brushing off the a very general but effective statement that "it's just not my thing".

If we were engaging in a conversation, been as relentless as Kenneth is as a person, he would try to shift my paradigm concerning my adamant view of his religion and their practice..which at a point I would eventually snap and might even blast at him to "f**k off!"
I wouldn't want that to happen, so SMS come in handy to help me convey my message while keeping my emotion in check..

But even via SMS, he would try to swerve my decision to his favour...
"If you have nothing on Sunday, why don't you come down and have a look? Person A & Person B would also be around, so you can feel comfortable with the company"

Hey man, just get it already...
Person A is one whom I really detest back in my university days (the same person I had to share a cab home after Benny & June s' wedding); so her presence would further hinder the chance of me going...

Well to be tactful (even I'm pretty much ticked off at this point) I replied, "Sorry my decision is final and set"

I wanted to add "Hope you can respect that" but felt it wasn't that necessary so I just concluded at that junction...

He finally got the fustration transpired from my messages and replied "Well ok then"...perhaps cursing me as well for wasting his time but then Christian can't swear and curse, can they?

It wasn't the most pleasant experience and hope prospectiv evangelist who are reading this, get a clue and do not engage in a fruitless quest to try to cajole me into your religion..very much appreciate that...

Japanese word of the day: 困らせる~ko-ma-ra-se-ru~ (Annoy) Don't get me annoyed over religious matters please...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home