ぼくの日記

Friday, August 12, 2005

Strepsils Please...

12th August 2005, Friday

7 days to go to my Japan Trip..

Something I fear most so close to my trip actually seemed to in the stage of propogating itself...
I want to leave for Japan with a clean slate of health..
But not sure what apparent reason, I started feeling a bit of pain in my soft palete and my uvula when I woke up this morning, sort of like inflammed, making swallowing pretty difficult..
It all seems to point to the symptoms of sore throat which could lead to something worse like flu and cough *TOUCH WOOD!*
Well my new colleague Bobby himself was on his healing route from a very serious flu, thus he could be the source of virus that I might have contracted...
Better stock up on Strepsils and lonzenges to help alleviate the sore...
As I am typing this, I had sucked a pack of 6 Strepsils (which cost absurdly at $1.20) and downed a few gallons of water, I feel my throat is definitely clearing up...

Beside that I feel that my right ankle is a little sprained but should heal up real soon...

Got one of those dizzy, nasceous spell as I had experienced a couple of weeks back, perhaps all the hustle and bustle had once again taken a toll on me..But I was lucky to reach my destination stop before I really barfed my breakfast on a fellow passenger..a few deep breath of fresh air did help...

Talking about fresh air, we at Singapore are much more fortunate from our neighbours across the border at Kuala Lumpur who took the full blow of the haze which comes annually from Indonesia from the relentless forest burning.. It reached the critical PSI level in certain parts of KL yesterday afternoon (think around 500) and forced the government to shut down the usual functioning of schools and even a seaport which visibility was dwindled so much that normal sailing in and out of the port.. well the Indonesian government did offer an meek apology but after all the asthma and other health ailments the KLeans are suffering I really doubt an apology is suffice...

Now just pray our island could continue to be shielded from the haze unless the wind blows in the other direction...

There would be a high chance that I may need to dropby the lab tomorrow with a Russian researcher in dire needs to get a batch of results for his scientific paper to be published..once again all for the sake of an off-day...

According to the girls, Bobby seemed to be more vocal and conversative than JxMMy after our brand new colleague went lunching with them...Then again not many can successfully emulate a JxMMy...

So the result for "Rock Star:INXS" is in last evening and one the most positive contestant, 31 year-old Brandon was eliminated after his disastrous rendition of INXS' "Don't Lose Your Head' which he obviously had when he missed up alot of the lyrics and he took defeat with so much grace, in front of 2 ladies whom had been in the bottom 3 for 3 times, Jessica and Suzie (whom really stunned the band and Dave Navarro since they find her "Losing My Religion' one of the highlights fo the previous night's show)...The thing is Jessica escape axing for the 3rd time, but can she repeats her feat for the 4th time? we'll see...

 Bye Bye Brandon


Japanese word of the day: のど~no-do~ (Throat) Getting better by the moment...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home