ぼくの日記

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Same Old Brand New Me

28th October 2005, Friday

Sorry for the cheap "A1" boy band referance for my title...but today I feel brand new, raring to go enjoy my next few days before my ICT... I will have like a good non stop 168 hours to just indulge in things I love best like doing up webpage as well as go on anime marathons which was long overdued...

My parents would be leaving for Yunnan in China this evening (actually wee hours into Saturday morning) but they decided to just sleep over in the airport terminal to save on the taxi fare... will definite miss mom's cooking despite she had cooked enough spaghetti sauce enough to feed the entire Somalian needy population... Really do hope they had a nice trip, that too was long overdued for them...

Despite feeling brand new, I am still the same old me when I elegantly flunked my IPPT yesterday afternoon.. After scoring 4 and 5 points respectively for the "Shuttle Run" & "Sit up" station (it's a sin actually if you don't nail those 2) and dramastically clinch 0 point each for "Standing Broad Jump" and "Chin up", my all time adversaries which I would never ever be able to defeat...
The good thing is this time round they actually gave the option for those who had already failed the test because of the static stations to bypass the "2.4 km run" (and welcome into the open arms of RTs).. I was a in a douldrum whether to run it since I was mentally prepared to do so but chicken out in the last second as I felt not worthy to do it and humiliate myself in front of the fitter individuals... well the good part is the IPPT ended pretty early (and prematurely) for me and I could get home slightly earlier than normal working hours...

There was a very bad thunderstorm (perhaps the most electrifying literally in recent years) in the evening, and no better and safer way than to snuggle in the warmth of your bed & blanket (or perhaps your loved one) and watch your fave programs on TV than putting yourself at risk of getting thoroughly drenced and a high chance of being electricuted when you are somewhere outside...

Back to work today, it's Alicia's last day in her 1st attachment stint, and she looks pretty chirpy as compared to the past few days when she was always downcast, dejected, bored and of course sick due to flu...
Went to lunch with them at NUS science canteen and there sure was some prominent changes since I last visited perhaps 2 years back regarding surrounding scenery and some amenities like a POSB ATM machine which was non-existent during my time... but one thing is still the same... THE FOOD STILL SUCKS!!..

Coincidentally we saw Rafael dining with his medical cohort mates and thought he was snobbish to not acknowledge our greetings as I thought he would change after a good half a year with the Medicine Faculty..but he eventually did came & said hi in his usual apologetic way...

The others bought an impromptu farewell card and gift for the departing Alicia which I had not thought about in the first place but find fitting to chip in when she gave each of us a self-created thank you card (except for JxMMy whom she had not spoke to throughout this past 4 weeks)..guess she won't be coming back to thsi mundane, routine facility of ours again...

Well really looking forward to the "golden week" next week...woohoo.. TGIF!!
Japanese word of the day: 同じ~o-na-ji~(Same) Something never change in me for always...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home