ぼくの日記

Friday, February 17, 2006

High "Pod"ability

17th February 2006, Friday

TGIF!!
What a rollercoaster week it has been for me but at the work front it was revitalizing to work in tag with Bobby alone and we worked very much like a well-oiled engine and despite some glitches, we managed to resolve it, very much without the dire need of a character known as JxMMy...well can look forward to yet another week on our on...

Attended the make-up session for my RT yesterday evening and was not a wise choice...
Not that it was a extra "tekan (tormentous)" session which I believe I should be in the right condition to take anyway but it was way too light..so light it made going for the training redundant...
With the Phase 2 Weight Loss, you have like an entire platoon of a strength up to 70 overweight personnel.
The poor PTI, seeking redemption from his CSM perhaps from some kind of error he commited was to be the shepherd to guide his band of merry plump lambs to walk all around the camp..yes just walk...brisk but still walking...
The idea was non-stop walking for an hour but it became really mundane and many fellow RT-mates were not too pleased with it.
It ended less than an hour and we did 2 sets of 12 situps and got out-processed..yoohoo!
I do not want to be a whistle blower about the training schedule which should please many people involved but such kind of training will not shed any weight from us, less making us pass IPPT.
Seriously I did not have a speck of perspiration at the end of it and I felt I should had hit the gym for my jog earlier the day instead. I guess I was sweating much more profusely during the mass warm up session...

At the brink of sleeping last night, I caught this usual Taiwanese game show on CTi Ch 51 on local cable network which involves a lot of dices and hoaxing.
Then I saw my goddess ....the one and only Celest Chong...urgh....where have you been all these while???
Since crossing over back to Mediacorp, Celest has been keeping a very very low profile; not even any news about future projects...
I sure missed her presence once awhile on my gogglebox..then it was a realization that she had been enlisted to star in a Taiwanese drama (blasphemy!!) and been filming for a long while in Taiwan...
Then as she and her fellow cast was sneak previewing the synopsis, she was teased to have many intimate scenes with the male lead, the lesser half of the cheesy boyband incarnation known as "WeWe" who recently changed his look with a more rugged (& lecherous) goatee.
I nearly went ballistic upon hearing day and totally soured up with jealousy..but at least I used to like that actor and luckily not an ape known as "NoNo".

Well there is something I have been desiring more than Celest recently, much down to the fault of my lass who had been adamant about getting hers very soon...
Yes it's the 5th generation iPod with the nice slim chassis and a cool color LCD screen which is well capable to play videos.
With either 30GB or 60 GB, it sure has capacity to hold large video files and much more mp3s than what my 3rd Gen 15GB one can hold.
I thought I could be oblivion with the delectable new iPod series the geniuses at Apple Computers had been churning as my 3 year old "Poddy" has served me well thus far...

iPod Mini: too flashy a color and capacity where too small for my liking
iPod Shuffle: More affordable for boys and girls (especially Malay ones)
iPod Photo: For WHAT?
iPod U2 exclusive: cool black and red but they charge more for something like the usual iPod, which is totally wrong
iPod Nano: Has the best selling point to entice me but like Mini, the capacity is not enough for me

Of course the normal iPod series had been increasing their storage capacity while decreasing their retailing prices as the newer generations arrive... but still I never contemplated on getting a new unit till the battery of mine goes erratic (which in the first place did not deliver what it promise) to go down to the most 5 hours of play time.
I had basically utilised my 15GB totally and I am tempted to increase storage space for a bigger jukebox...

My lass had always been an admirer of iPod, much for its design rather than performance but never could find spare cash for one...
But somehow a trip to the Apple Service Center at Orchard Cineleisure a couple of weeks back made her "gian" like never before and with the bonus kitty arriving at the doorstep at the end of this month, she seems sanctioned to get what she has always desire all these while.
And for her what she wants badly she must get it... be it a notebook or a 3G handphone or a MP3 player or Backside Boyz concert ticket or even me (nauseating pregnant mothers please refrain from reading this), she will find ways and means to get it...
Much like yours truly..heehee

Therefore I had been bought into the idea of a cool 5th Gen iPod and for us if financially capable we will get the top end one..since a difference of 30GB only means a jack up of $200 or less.
My lass had been banking on her company's privilegde plan which only entitles her a measly $60 discount she had been harping so much about.
That didn't appeal me that much and I had to see whether there would be a big fat surprise in April performance bonus to gauge my budget.
Then last evening came a letter from the Ready Credit card company I had been subscribing for the past 3 years and near to its expiry I was thinking of cancelling once and for all after a bad experiencing when I didn't know I had owed the bank just 10 cents and it got snowballed to $150 over 3 months! Fortunately managed to talk my way out of paying that absurd amount but I had never used that card since drawing money in Japan back in 2003; yet had to cook up cock-&-bull stories to dodge the subscription fee every July.
However the newsletter this time include a special package for It products of your choice..be it a cool PDA or a top range 3G handphone and there it was the 5th Generation iPod.
The bundle comes with a JBL on stage speaker I can do without and with a total savings of $200+ which can be tempting.
Plus it is a 24 months instalment of a rather comfortable sum, it means I need not pinched on my budget to get one...
Then again we all know how this monthly instalments scam works and interest rate is definitely there and if one can afford it, pay it at one go...
I could try to sell away the speaker (if there's a market for a brand new one) and redeem some rebate on the overall cost.
Then trade in my old "Poddy" for some Apple vouchers for usage to buy some auxiliary items; therefore the whole deal seems attractive...

Well let's see how it goes then...but I do fancy the idea of watching anime video files on the go especially with the limited amount of time in my hands...
Japanese word of the day: りんご~rin-go~ (Apple) Steve Jobs and guys sure know how to sell their products while others failed in vain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home