ぼくの日記

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Romancing With a Splurge

26th February 2006, Sunday

It's my little sister's 23rd birthday today....Well I know she would read this post sooner or later, happy birthday!
I would get you a gift if I was not so tight in budget...heehee well it's the thoughts that count as they said.

Well with the preparation of the marriage, I am always tight with money..now still sweating over the prospect of how dear the quotation would be from the contractor that came last week.
Both my lass and myself are hoping for below 6K which would left us a breathing space to get other stuffs.

Yesterday we did went to check out the mattress that she had been raving about since early last week.
Our destination is Robinson shopping center within Centerpoint and they had this "Bedding Central" on the topmost storey where many brands were trying to compete to out-sell each other such as Simmons, King Koil, Omazz etc.
But my lass' ecletic taste as well as "recommendation" from her wealthy friend, Faith, it would be Sealy or nothing else.
This renowned American brand is been harped as the top tier among its peers and had been providing sturdy mattresses to Four Seasons Hotels all over the world as the sale-lady, Ai Peng who had been serving us kept stressing.
She also mentioned that our local songbird, Stefanie Sun insisted on buying Sealy mattress and nothing else.

However it was not all attracting me at the beginning as she cajoled me to try all the mattresses on display and seriously I felt no difference except all are sturdy and good enough..
Then looking at the prices, I just could not consider anything else...it was way off the original budget we had planned and it definitely need serious consideration on whether to speak another word to that hospitable salesperson.

So at the stone bench just outside the departmental store, we had an intricate talk on whether we should really invest on such a mattress which they would guarantee for 10 years in terms of spoilt spring.
I already knew my lass is already deemed set for this therapeutic mattress as she has always been particular for a good sleep.
In additional the company is having a one-time after New Year sales which would end in 2 days (perhaps 2 days to the year 2030) when they cut the price effective by half; and with the Robinson credit card my girl just subscribed recently we would enjoy an additional 20% off with some more rebate, making the price unbeatable for such quality.
However even so with that king-sized one we had chosen, I still do not think I could reveal the price here as well.
We chose tro pay via monthly installments so as not to feel the pinch of the high cost at one go...
My lass was overwhelmed with excitement with a mattress she has regarded so highly for...so as long as she is happy...

We then strolled to La Tendo which Ferris claimed on MSN in the morning that 19 cartons of goodies came in yesterday with more this morning,
I already knew I would "bleed" from the aftermath of the Wonder Festival but when my lass caught an eye on an exquisite "My Neighbor Totoro (隣りのトトロ) Bus Stop Statue" they had brought in, been both big Studio Ghibli fans, we just couldn't resist to splurge for it.
It would be a wonderful addiiton to our existing Ghibli collections which we had planned for a dedicated corner in our room.

So with such spendings, we would now ponder on ways to fill that large concave crater found in our bank accounts with meticulous savings for the next year or so...

But most importantly we ended our day with a happy and satisfied smirk...
Japanese word of the day:費やす ~tsu-i-ya-su~ (Splurge) Hope my wife to be would not demand a Sealy mattress for our baby cot in the future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home