ぼくの日記

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Satisfying the Raging Desire

23rd February 2006, Thursday

One of the biggest frailty shrouding my life is that if I want something badly I would find all ways and means to have it especially when it's within my capability to possess it...
Usually its about materialistic items of my desire, rather than something too ordeal a task to attain such as a 5-figure, high flying career...

As you know by now the La Tendo merry crew of Wonder Festival hunters returned with what i felt a rather impressive haul despite them feeling indifferent.
They managed to acquire almost all the hot comodities in terms of event exclusives despite the miserable quantity which forced them to jack the price to deter bystanders and only the true-blue collectors would foot that amount to get their "treasures"...
I thought myself would be one of those hardcore collectors who would be going all cost to get an exclusive I had ranked third on my wishlist before they departed.
However a pair of miniature figurines which was selling at cost price of 1500 yen (around S$21) would be retailing at $180!!
I know that the price jacked in the event itself and was selling now at around 10000 yen on Japanese auctions but still the price to me is still absurd...
However with the fact that they made all the way to Japan to seek such nice novelties for us hungry collectors back home which were left salivating at the nice photographs on the internet, I felt at the end of the day it was right that they tried to maximise the profit for such limited exclusives.
After much pondering and upon looking at the actual item, I was in a fix because the devil side of me asked me to go for it while the angel too was too smitten by the delectable figurines to align with his evil counterpart. Fortunately the ultimate conciousness working in my brain as well as discouragement from Ferris who too was well dejected by the high price slapped on another exclusive figurines he had wanted, I kind of decided to let it go and will keep track on which 3 suckers would actually spend that obscene amount for 2 repainted figurines (I'm not taking away the odds that I might be one of them).

That was a type of unattainable desire which kind of slipped through my fingers known as "no money to get something that is there".

However I am more gutted to with another unattainable desire known as "I got the money but still can't get it"...
Always knew Chan had an astute eye for things on retail blazened with good luck he possessed to enable him find the things he badly wanted.
I used to have those in my 1st toy hunt in Japan and kind of subsided as the number of trips increased...perhaps it's beginner's luck...
He managed to find a couple of items that had been released ages back and in my last trip back in September was not able to help him get those.
Other than that, not meaning to taunt me, he showed me a piece of "mail-in exclusive" magazine figurine I had been yearning to complete my set with he managed to scalp in the event itself. However that was the only piece which left me stranded and badly gutted on not possessing...but fortunately I felt if anyone should have it beside myself I rather let my close friends have it...
Plus all the exclusives he amassed from the event, I felt he had an impressive haul himself with a carton of item still at the courier headquarters waiting for delivery...

Nonetheless it was a quintessential to hand my wishlist to Chan instead of just the La Tendo people as his astute observation helped reap rewards for me for getting almost everything on the list...except... the top item...urgh...that's a part 3 to a series of nice trading figurines based on a popular RPG game...and with an even juicier part 4 previewed on the show, I am more determined to get it, therefore by the end of the evening to add salt to my badly opened wound with blood still flowing, pus accumulating and me getting dizzy for massive blood and haemogoblin loss, I had to seek higher powers to get that item which in the first place my good friends from La Tendo should ensure they had got it in stock...

sigh..guess I am just sore about everything at the moment....
Japanese word of the day: スリップ ~su-ri-ppu~ (Slip Away) Felt unjustifiable for something I wanted so badly slip away, well c'est la vie I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home