ぼくの日記

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Overzealous

14th March 2006, Tuesday

As you know the project that kept me busy for a while has come to a duly end last week and now at work, basically I am assuming the "over-zealous" role of JxMMy for the service...not a pretty sight but at least ensured me serving my dues for my daily wage...

While I am preoccupying myself with the routine service part and frequent surfing of the internet and JxMMy still collaborating with the "UNCLE" with their side project, it is down to poor Bobby seeking redemption for been so free for the past few days...It's by no fault of ours that lately the activities had been much reduced...and for someone like myself I wouldn't mind ample free time to do some of the internet stuff at work, so that I could increase my productivity for my webpage or something...

But adopting that "over-zealous" role of scrambling towards any incoming request as if your survival depends on it, a role well reprised and represented by JxMMy, is embarrassing. If my ex-colleagues knew I was resorting to this, they might snarled at my very existence... well with the next project still hitting a deadend and the shared facilities which I am in charged of getting lukewarm response since the turn of the year, this is the only thing I could binge on at work especially my mind is effectively preoccupied with all the wedding proceedings as well as trying to clear my RT sessions, so that I would not feel awkward having to leave work early twice a week...

Just realised today that two of the Miss Singapore Universe 2006 finalists are hailed from my workplace...it's not hard to track them among the other prospects..one is a 22 years old scientist from Cambridge, the other a 23 years old laboratory biologist.
I had only seen the former before in real life and not the caliber to represent Singapore for the world beauty pageant, not that the previous winners are fitful to do so as well...
Well year after year since Channel 5 became the official broadcasting station for the contest, the competition has became an after-dinner joke with the doppelgangers trying to pose as genuine pageant queens with their interllectual limitations and common appearance...
Nonetheless kudos should still be given for showing enough courage to appear on national TV for everyone's entertainment for some weeks or even a single night before the next batch of courageous MSU-wannabes hit centerstage the next year...

I doubt I would be watching the show neither would I even bother to render any support for my colleagues...but do wish them all the best and try not to be too big a joke on that night...
Japanese word of the day: 暇~hi-ma~(Free) With the amount of free time we had from work, perhaps we would have ample amount of time to enrol for Mr Singapore Universe as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home