ぼくの日記

Friday, March 03, 2006

Rizan the Pilot

3rd March 2006, Friday

Feeling all chirpy on this final work day of the week...physically, physcological and mentally sound to gear me forward to the weekends...
Quite a few places to go tomorrow and hopefully can all be rewarding...

Next weekend would be one to look forward to as well as my lass abandons her plan to go up north to Kuala Lumpur for one of those neverending story-usqe seminars for her sideline; so as to fix a date with the bridal shop to dropby to check out on her choice gown which is high time we do so especially she could be flying off to northern Italy anytime soon...
Then there would be an annual IT Show starting on the 9th, held at Suntec City for me to go spy with my little eye for a reliable yet economical LCD Monitor...perhaps a TV as well..yikes..let's not go too far off there.
The only problem is that March is one of those recall manning month for my NS unit, so got to be on my toes every weekends...GMD!

Got a surprise SMS from an old secondary school friend cum neighbor of mine...Rizan..the black pearl or black Gascoigne (sorry,no racism intended, so E'too please get off my back) of our soccer squad back in the hey days.
Seems like martial bells are ringing for him as well (further confirm that 2006 is the year every mother's sons & daughters are getting hitched); somewhere in June and he is collating his old contacts for invitations...
It's great to see some of the old Sec. Sch. gang whom I had effortlessly keeping in contact with, but on the contrary I might need to invite them for my own wedding which I had not planned for to begin with.
Anyway Rizan who struggled with completing his Bachelor degree in Pharmacy in NUS much contributed by his parents' marital woes then, has embarked on a career totally irrelevant to his studies as he is now a trainee pilot for Singapore Airlines...
Seriously my old buddy never fails to surprise me with the stuffs that he did...
From shedding a good 50 over kilograms over a period of a few months (while persistently absent from school) to working part time in 7-11 to now becoming a pilot...
Then again Rizan is famous for his "10 o'clock" show..meaning he would flash his crotch every morning around that time during JC...he is simply erratical...
Now he may become the black Kimura (from the dorama, "Good Luck!!"), uttering "Good Luck" whenever he took flight...really cannot envision that in my mind

Well something to look forward to would be a letter from the CPF board to redeem the Progress Package bonus as promised from the budget report recently.
From the chart, it seems like I am entitled $400 for the Growth Dividends and $100 for NS Bonus; sure beats nothing at all...
And sad to say the money has been spent before it is been issued by 1st May, well a good tactics to win everyone's favour before the general election but I am all for it..
Sure is good to live in Singapore!!
Japanese word of the day: 操縦者(Pilot) I believe Rizan would wake his passengers up to flash some crotch every 10 o'clock during his flights...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home