ぼくの日記

Monday, February 27, 2006

Best Thing to Do for me now

27th February 2006, Monday

Yawn...back to work on Monday again..chronic lack of sleep but the weekends had been fruitful to a certain degree...

On the work front JxMMy is back and as they said "Two's a company, Three's a crowd".
We definitely felt crowded out with his ominous presence...well just gotta live with and made me relished a wonderful fornight I had without him around...

There was a major change in landscape in the Bouna Vista area as the Circle Line is going into next stage. The sheltered walk-way and bus stop extending from the station to MOE seems like changing tide and shifted a bit outwards which drew alot of speculations from unsuspecting commuters and workers heading to work.. Not entirely inconvenient like when they removed the actual overhead bridge and replaced with a temporary one, but after seeing the same bus stop for like 6-7 years now, I'm just not used to it...Even the "ma-ma" shop residing in the bus stop got shifted and been replaced with a much shabbier version of the actual shop...quite interesting if you ask me...

Had a dream last night of me reciprocating what my female colleagues had done in the past half a year, packing my stuff from work as it was my last day here...
Wow could be a grim premonition for something that might happened in the future, and despite details are vague but I could remember giving Bobby one of my figurines as memento...
I think I was neither over the hill nor sad about leaving my job in the dream; just like it is something that just got to be done that's all...

My Manchester United won their first piece of silverware in 2 years with the English League Cup/ Carling Cup over a hapless Wigan Athletic by trouncing them 4-0.
Though many anti-Man Utd whistle-blowers would comment that it is like one of those "Mickey Mouse" cup which major clubs don't give a hoot, it's an achievement nonetheless...

Last evening had a wonderful time with my lass immersing in an activity which I regarded as "Best Thing to Do Now" as we just lazed in my room, watching Japanese dorama series without the care of the worldly worries and even had root beer floats as desserts...
I am really envisioning that to become a weekly if not once a month event as we are more comfortable lying on our giant Sealy mattress watching from our 26 inch Samsung LCD TV...the thought of it is giving me goosebumps all of the sudden...

The dorama on the platter last evening as "Gokusen 2 (ごくせん)" which the follow-up to the Part 1 which is adapted from that popular manga/anime series about Nakama Yukie (One of my all time favorite Japanese actress) as the bumbling but very passionate teacher, Yamaguchi Kumiko who had a rather shady background been the successor of the much feared yakuza group, Ooedo.
After the affair was exposed in the Part 1, she was subjected to ostracization by all high schools and had to teach kindergarten students. However a strange twist of fate, she was posted to this renowned school where the disciplinary supervisor is the same one she had before and an arch-nemesis of hers.
She has to handle the deliquent class of the school for the remaining 3 months before they graduate without any major glitches along the way..But with "Yankumi" around, it is almost impossible...

After "Nobuta wo Produce (野ブタ。をプロデュース)", we have sort of quite addicted to seeing Kamenashi Kazuya from the Johnny's group, "KATTUN" and he was reprising Matsumoto Jun's ice-cold Sawada role here as Kodagiri Ryu. And he led a bunch of eye-candies including his KATTUN mate, Akanishi Jin, Hayami Mokomichi (last seen as Hermes' brother in "Densha Otoko") and Koike Teppei (of the group WaT) which despite pleasing to the eyes are not really endowed with acting skills for a bunch of misfits like Matsumoto, Ogura Shun (the first time they are together in the dorama before "Hana yori Dango") and Narimiya Hiroki.

We caught like 5 episodes last evening and never failed to have our funny bones been tickled and Yukie's comedic ability is once again well displayed and the supporting cast playing their parts.
Many were whining that it is an exact duplicate of Part 1 which is actually very true but it is a great way to spend your Sunday evening nevertheless to let your hair down and forget about the Monday blues...

As I said I am hoping for many more of such occasions after we got married and she has moved in...

Japanese word of the day:最もよく~sai-mo-yo-ku~ (Best) I think we enjoyed so much is because of the lack of opportunities to do so all these while

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home