ぼくの日記

Friday, March 10, 2006

Strange Phenomenons

9th March 2006, Friday

Strange Phenomenon 1:

When we are in the thick of our project at work, all the collaboraters and the usual group of users would in a synchronised manner, sent in plenty of samples to be processed, severely testing our equipments and sending us in wit's end to prioritise the order to process and overall madhouse...
But as our project came to an amicable end this week, suddenly everyone decided to take a break as well and the machines suddenly become under utilised and we are basically shaking legs the entire day through...urgh...

Strange Phenomenon 2:

For months some of my items posted on the free local auction site was unbothered by the usual scalpers on the auctions... then as I began to sell an item, a few others would start selling as well ..the queer thing is that the items are bought by different people (if a person start buying a few of my items i can understand as he/ she might want a mass discount or something); and the items came from different genre such as toys or old J pop mechandises.
This happened a few times for the past 2 years, I would start selling a few items at one go, then quiet for months before another mass sale occurs.
After selling a set of gashapons last week which I took pain to do the wrapping for postage once again, I managed to sell a set of One Piece anime pins I was suckered into buying 3 years back in Japan.

Strange Phenomenon 3:

Just when I thought the RT session would be truncated due to the usual mid term IPPT so that we could out processed way before the maerk we usually do, things started cropping up.
Last evening I was hoping to be done by 7.30pm, therefore arrange to meet my buyer of the One Piece pins at 8pm at the MRT station.
I already tried to be early for the test, and was taken aback that I was like one of the last few people when others had already started toiling in perspiration to pass the freaking test.
After the static stations which took much more time than it should due to the bottleneck in the sit-up station, I was hoping for a fast run and call it a day.
Little did I realised I had like 3 details in front of me still waiting to proceed with theirs...urgh.. so there went another half an hour of waiting for many of us who had already failed 1 or more static stations, a formality one round on the track.
It was near 8pm by then and fortunately I had the instinct to bring along my handphone (which I usually exclude in my RT bag in fear of theft) and requested to delay the timing to 8.30pm...before preparing for my run..
Guess what, some joker who tried too hard to impress god-knows-who strained his muscles and collapsed on the tracks sending the crew in to frantic rescue session and hindering our run...
It was 8.10pm when we actually started our run by then many lacked the aspiration to even do one round...
I had to miss the meet up with the buyer altogether; but fortunately she stayed within my vicinity and didn't purposely came down to collect the item from me...if not my perfect ratings record would be tarnished with this incident.

Called CS last evening to enquire some tips on what to look for a good LCD monitor and he sounded frazzled at first, due to been slaving too hard for his company..then as we chatted more in depth about some of the gadgets we had acquired recently (my iPod video and his Oakley blue tooth enabled shades) things started getting buzzed...
As I talked about getting prepared for marriage and what to expect for the future, we even went down the memory lane which for someone as nostalgic as myself would binged on..afterall our "Beach Bum" session and Japan trip together ain't fluke fragment of our imagination...
Those were the days and both of us unanimous agreed that we should try to relive the moments in the future if the usual clique is available again...
And yes he was surprised to hear that Rizan is a SQ pilot..seriously who wouldn't?

So a rather easy-going Friday to pass then hopefully a fruitful trip to the IT show 2006 to follow; and of course a weekend exclusively to spend with my lass (which she had anticipating for)..things can only get better...just hope no more unexpected strange phenomenons to hinder our program for the next couple of days.
Japanese word of the day:奇妙~ki-myou~(Strange) It would definitely be strange for 4 nearing-30 uncles doing their wild teenage antics at the beach once more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home