ぼくの日記

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dietary Habits

2nd March 2006, Thursday

Today for lunch at work.... Cabbage Fried Rice...woo yeah...not the best to be anticipate from my hardworking Mom but definitely beats Long Bean Fried Rice anytime anyplace...

One of the reason why I went hardcore in working out to cut down weight is because I can never depend on dietary method...

Since young I had adopted a very imbalanced dietary habit when I started inculcating myself to refrain and even detest leafy vegetables and all sorts of seafood especially fishes..there goes my crucial source of vitamins, minerals, DHA and whatever not.
I had also trouble consuming brean sprouts, brinjals, Lady's Finger, bittergourd etc, though managed to conqeuor the fear for the former...
Last but not least seasoning and herbs like coriander, parsley, ginger etc. are way no-no for me as well; as those would always tend to make me regurgitate...

My fave food are high on carbohydrates and starch based such as noodles, breads, potatoes which is why I managed to attain such a bulk over the years especially in my puberty period when I was always starving and afternoon tea and supper were a must for me..well as metabolic rate does down as age catches up, i dare not even think about having more than 3 meals a day...
However I still binge whenever there is good food..and with my mom there's always good food around...
She is the only person on the word that knows what would whet my taste buds and I am so used to her culinary skills that I could not have more than 2 consecutive meals away from home..which is good as I am usually frugal with spending on food on daily basis.
My tireless mother would always try her best to introduce new dishes to suit everyone's appetite though there are times when for health reason, she refrained on serving what always satisfy my hunger for everyone's consumption which can be blatant when I started having less serving of rice and shun the dishes as much as possible...

I know I am hard to please at times but everyone's got their likes and dislikes for certain food like green pea, natto, fermented products, dairy products etc.

Well I will still anticipate what's mom cooking for the next meal, just as long as it not Long Bean Fried Rice garnished with coriander...urgh...wait...the thought of it is making me nauseating...

Japanese word of the day: 食べ物~ta-be-mo-no~ (Food) Hopefully my wife-to-be can pick up at least 5% of my mom's culinary specialties...but not for Long bean Fried Rice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home