ぼくの日記

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Let A Wonderful Month Begins...

1st March 2006, Wednesday

Yes I was rather hoping February to end soon but despite having only 28 days, it seems to last forever...anyway finally I need not ponder about whether I had made any spelling mistake about whether putting the "r" in front of the "u" in February or the other way round.

Of course on the 20th of this month, I am going to legally married the love of my life and I can't wait for it to happen and to spend the rest of my life with her...
Sounds mushy....then scram off lah, Monkey-boys and girls!!
But seriously, it is an event that would mean a great deal to my rather routine and monochrome life...
Then of course, Eriko and Sou from Iwate would be hitting town around the same time, jolly good opportunity to utilise "half bucket full" Japanese once again...

The letter from the sissy contractor finally arrived as promised and the quotations was neatly stated for all the items we had wanted him to see to it.
The final price was slightly above our projected price but not too absurdly over the threshold and we are hoping he could be a bit flexible and lower by at best a couple of hundreds and the deal is his to savour.
But I am feeling positive about this renovation project and feel he might be the right guy to do it as I think including my lass and my parents, the hassle of inviting yet another contractor to go through the whole cycle of detailing about the furnishing we want just put us off...

Today's our supervisor's birthday and I doubt she would reveal her actual age, not that we are so "thick" to enquire but surely should be over the 40 mark...nonetheless the girls try to coordinate a mini celebration with a cake and card, simple but I think she would be pleasantly surprised which is more effective than when the "3 witches" always pit in money to get some expensive novelty items which she might or might not fancy...much like when she bought gifts for us...usually things that can blow our minds off especially for the girls...

My lass finally logged in the purchase for an item we had badly wanted for a while now.
I can't really reveal the item black and white here but a post not too long ago should give you a clue of the identity.
We had been pondering on whether to do laser engraving on the rear which is free for online purchase but after finding that it might not be that attractive on the outlook we decided against it...
So our splurging continues and it is always important to pamper yourself but in our case we pampered ourselves to a rather "dangerous" level...
Actually I had sprawled towards a trap which bound many local young people who wanted enjoy a high life...which spending money from the future...which can be non-existent and that would be a scary part...
I am just hoping that I had a much "fatter" performance bonus than originally expected (and the same amount as previous year) and also expecting the bonus package our Prime Minister had promised in the Budget report in parliament not too long back.
It could backfire on me if things don't turn out as I had anticipated; well I guess we just gotta wait and see...

This morning, JxMMy was blasting his techno music playlist on his workstation for the early part of the day and despite I was busy with work at the other side and only heard a glimpse of it, that was enough to thoroughly irriate me...

We had mentioned about his ecletic taste in music but a techno version of an all time fave of his, Akon's "Lonely" definitely tips it off...
Fortunately the playlist can to an end before I snapped and battered his workstation's cpu into smithereens...
My left shoulder-blade suffering from an acute pain did not help the cause which could inflicted from the RT session last evening which was too easy for me...
A jog in the gym definitely helps to alleviate the pain...

Think I also lacking quality sleep after catching yet another Japanese dorama for the past 2 nights...
This time round the highly acclaimed TBS hit of 2004, "Orange Days".
I always thought it was "Orange Road" which is based on that classic romantic comedy anime series...
It starred the real-life couple, Tsumabuki Satoshi (妻夫木聡) & Shibasaki Kou (柴咲コウ) which are the hottest couple in Japanese entertainment scene for a while now and they are such talented actors which is evident in this series.
Shibaski is a deaf but highly talented violinist who had always have the spotlight shone on her and was bitter for his disability which was inflicted upon her only years back.
Tsumabuki is an average Joe who happened to got acquianted with the former and decidedly to save her from her soundless world, except his dedication made the fragile girl fallen head over heels over him while he already had a girlfriend...
Shibasaki was great to express emotions with just sign language, much better than Sakai Noriko in the "Heavenly Coins" series which was just blatant to draw sympathy from viewers.
She portrayed her arrogant and difficult "princess" character very well...
Meanwhile the male lead is always that typical "sunny boy" which girls (and mothers) adore and guys generally don't tend to loathe...

The supporting cast was amazing including Shiraishi Miho (last seen as the violent Jinkama in "Densha Otoko"), Eita (the stoic monitor in "Waterboys"), Narimiya Hiroki (One of the deliquents in "Gokusen" and one of my lass' favorite now), Yamada Yu (a model turned actress which I had my eyes on her since her appearance on SMAP bistro not too long back), Konishi Manami (the sweet Shima in "Hotman" and bitter Yuri in "Tentai Kanzoku" and even Kashiwabara Takashi (柏原崇) who is ageless in that show...he surely can portray a 20 something for years to come...

Still in the 4th episode and nearly wanted to finish watching it if not my clock was showing close to 1 am....

Last but not least the theme song is the big hit from 2004, "Sign" by Mr Children which is an ear worm for me now....

Japanese word of the day: 三月~san-ga-tsu~(March) My spring has arrived...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home