ぼくの日記

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Send in the Documents

7th March 2006, Tuesday

Feeling rather lethargic on this Tuesday afternoon, at around 2.20pm...
Reeling myself to just go through the motion till my prematured disappearance with yet another RT in sight later.
Drowsiness overwhelmed my body at this moment as like suffering from cold turkey, I kind of needing my jog to get me going through the afternoon...think I turned in late last evening as well and struggling to finish watching the final episode of "Orange Days" which after consecutive 3 nights I still don't know what the ending is whether Sae & Kai got back together...
It's not that the conclusion was a draggy, yawn-inducing affair; it's just that I always watched the show with my eyelids heavy enough to resist any muscular resistance to keep me going through the final disc...which played itself finished each time on my home theater system and last evening my mom had to help me switch everything off which startled me and making me angry with myself for falling asleep once more so close to the ending... perhaps it's a hoodoo for me never to be able to finish watching the ending...heehee

Thanks to Jack during our visit to his place for his house warming party, I realised that we actually had an appointment set to hand in all the relevant documents to be verified and processed before we can actually proceed with our solemnization a week later.
I was waiting for an e-mail from the registry since yesterday with our date just barely a fornight away; then I realised that the email had been there in my mail-box all along...which I had always considered as a receipt to confirm our date and payment...
So below are the 3 important documents to bring:
1) our ICs
2) original or photocopy of our witnesses' IC or passport (in this case, her mom and my old man)
3) the filing instructions which is just a printed document straight from the webpage

With that I would be required to apply for a day of annual leave on next Wednesday (meaning I am down to 22 to spare for the rest of the year) to make an inaugural trip to the registry up on Fort Canning Hill...

So future applicants for marriage if you happen to read this post, please be prepared to allocate a day to go down (or should be up) a week before your actual solemnization date to hand in your documents and if I am not wrong there would be some legal stuff to cover as well....

Eriko e-mailed me last evening to confirm the itinery for their visit to Singapore and it is apparent that she had not receive that previous e-mail I had pain-stakingly composed to explain to them about what is in store for their only day of touring around our "大変ちさい島" (Pathetically small island) which falls on the 19th, Sunday...seriously I had not venture into the chasm (er...not a right word of use) of Little India despite hanging around the area on weekly basis or Arab Street...to be qualified to give them a taste of the facets of our multi-racial culture in Singapore.
Think they badly wanted to got to Night Safari which I had not been to as well since it was officially unveiled a decade or so ago..basically it is like seeing animals making out in the bushes in the dark...I guess you get to see it free at Labrador Park at night as well...
Perhaps bringing them around we might actually get to know and appreciate our country abit better rather than the daily work and whine routine...
Japanese word of the day: 文書 (Documents) Fortunately the registry didn't ask us to bring along documents like our first love letter, Valentine'd card, photographs taken together (or even sex video, which is an "in" thing now) to verify we are qualified to legally fitful to be husband and wife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home