ぼくの日記

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Saving Energy Cost

30th March 2006, Thursday

JxMMy's back, the equipments slowly get to full strength and a significantly increased in service amount...your typical Thursday which I just want to pass soon, so that Friday could creep in soon...

Last evening just I stepped into my house my mom suddenly went ballistic with a few issues...
Firstly my dad finally got his notification letter for the "PROGRESS Package" and it seems like he was thrilled to be receiving the same amount as Mom and she started bugging me to explain to them the whole allocation of the package such as what could be redeemed and what would be going into the CPF... which I had seemed to told her 2 days back...
Not that I am unwilling to entertain to her request, but I just stepped into the house and I believe they would ask me a few times more before the actual redemption of the kitty cash...
Noticing my worn out expression, Mom said she'll ask me again later but she never did for later the evening....

Then down to the volatile point when she enquired on whether my CPU been newer than the old Dell one, might had consumed so much electricity which resulted in the consistent escalation of our utilities bill for the past few months and peaked at all time high at $180 on electrical usage alone...
Not been a computer engineer or engineer of any sort, I told her I would also like to know whether the new CPU actually requires much more voltage to run or something...
However I did admit that my downloading rate had increased a whole yard for the past fornight due to some huge files for Japanese dorama...I had been trying to cut down from this week onwards which was aided by the fact that some anime series I had been following had ended their runs...
Nevertheless the stark hike in the bill surely had incensed my parents whom had been footing the bill and the prospect of me taking over the monthly payment by next year, I think I should try to curb my usage of PC to maintain a reasonable sum, especially with the fuel price still continue to rise and I would envision yet another annoucement from Power Supply to up their rate.
Think my mom picked a wrong time to question about this issue as she started to berate me for putting up an aloof attitude to answer here...
This led me to explode by claiming I didn't know how to react to appease her...

Trust me this is a rare monent when we got into a trivial tussle but my mother could be quite opiniated..
Anyway all was lost and forgotten after dinner...

But it would be definitely an issue to ponder about as the household would have a new addition, electricity usage would definitely increase as well, so I better reduce my online activities and perhaps give my PC much more rest in the future...
Japanese word of the day: 電気 ~Den-ki~(Electricity) Think of installing a solar plate or a water wheel somewhere outside my house to explore other electrical options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home