ぼくの日記

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Frightening Thoughts

5th April 2006, Wednesday

Beginning to get into petty tiffs with my spouse this early morning when she was adamant that she had reminded me to remind her to pass a piece of clothing she had intended to pass to my mom for some spiritual blessing to ensure her safety and well-beings for her forthcoming trip, on Sunday evening.

It could fatigue that had been eating into my conscious or just blatant forgetfulness, I didn't recall her mentioning that which drew her irritation, perhaps for my inattentiveness.
While on the phone with me, it would be minutes to her actual working hours and yet she was still boarding a train in Yishun.
It was no wonder she had to sprint towards her workplace and soon I got a SMS from her that reads:
"I have broken my heels, now I'm crippled.. :-("

CRIPPLED?!
Of course I would assume is a sprain and she would struggling to walk to her workplace...
Showing concern I immediately gave her the buzz and even called her office but just couldn't reach her to verify her condition till I dropped her a SMS to ask her to come over my place this evening so that we could apply an effective traditional ointment for sprains.
This was when she called and said she is perfectly fine and it was literally the heel of one of her shoe that came off which, crippling her movements as she had to balance herself while been elevated at different levels on both feet...
Seriously my wife ain't too eloquent with the English language but this time I think her message was quite hit to the point only that I interpreted it wrongly.

Eileen or "The Girl that We Thought Learnt Japanese But Didn't" (phew..that's a long one) sent a mass SMS to me and some of our SRJC 1st 3 months mates to cordially invite us to her wedding (I supposed is the banquet) in June.
Ah..finally my original major crush is going to walk the aisle which I would be soon to follow suit mere 4 months after....A frightening thought would be us walking down that aisle together...NAH! I had got over that ages back,...
Anyway her banquet would be held on the 6th of June which decodes as "06/06/06"...It's a special date indeed but isn't "666" associated with the devil or something?
It would be on a Tuesday which got me a bit reluctant before replying her that I would be attending.

Been on a working day is an obstacle, but the fact that the date is so close to the sporting spectacular of the year I had been craving for, the World Cup...
The epitome of all footballing competition where 32 of the best nations slug it out in around 5 weeks to be crowned the footballing champion of the world actually begins on the 9th, leaving Eileen's wedding a safe distance away.
With my lass in Italy and no viable company around that time, I am hoping to soak myself in the excitement and euphoria of the entire competition.
However our free local network would only be showing the 1st match and perhaps from quarterfinals onwards as they did for the last World Cup and European Cup in 2004.
Thus the only option would be signing up the package from Starhub Cable TV.
Knowing that they would be the single available choice for fanatics to catch every single match, they made the whole extravaganza a "Pay-per-View" package, meaning you had to pay like $27 to enjoy the whole thing and even as a current subscriber of the sports tier, you need to pay a discounted price of $11 or something...
I would feel been gipped by the cable network if I was to be a subscriber to the sports tier as I would have paid almost the same price since the additional fee for that tier is already $15 (I had stopped since the unruly price hike 2 years back).
Since it's a one-off fee and I really to dabble myself into the World Cup frenzy, I most probably would sign up.
I sought a second opinion from Foo via SMS and it seems like he was relentless about the cost the network provider has slapped is way too unreasonable and since this year game is held in Germany which is like 7-8hours time difference from us, you would have to stay awake to like 3 in the morning to catch some highly-raved matches.
Which was I had been contemplating in doing the unthinkable, applying leave just to catch some important matches.. the first of which would be the volatile but potentially entertaining clash between my favorite Oranje, Holland with Argentina for a group match on the 22nd of June and most probably any other matches involving them if they managed to progress from the round robin phase...
Man I would really out of my mind....we'll see

On the way to work, my thoughts were on my display cabinet arriving and installing tomorrow morning and how I would want to display my figurines..which then a rather rude awakening about the fact that despite maximising the space available in my living room, I really doubt the cabinet could even hold 75% of my collection.
I knew I had went overboard with my indulgence over the past 3 years but I am sure almost all that i had I would proudly want to display them to be put under the spotlight for all to admire...
But now I would be just sweating over the fact that I had to choose the crème de la crème in terms of overall quality and personal biased and sacrificed those that do not make the cut...but all are my babies, I really hope I would not be put in that spot...
I am very sure I would need more glass plates than originally agreed but too many would also make the display seems too congested and defeats the ultimate purpose to getting the cabinet....

Well all would be revealed in hours time I guess...
Japanese word of the day: 決定(Decisions) A lot of decisions had to be made for the day including whether I should attend my former love interest's wedding; should I pay the obscene fee just to catch the entire World Cup and the most frightening of all, which of my figurines would never see the day in my cabinet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home