ぼくの日記

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lost Resume

4th April 2006, Tuesday

Time is around16 past 2 and I am still alone in the machine room...
JxMMy is off to another typically long lunch with servcie engineers of the vendor for our main equipment; he really finds solace and comfort with them for some reasons...
Bobby has been delegated to understudy the Histology lab which should keep him on the toes with new lab techniques and skills to pick up, a place for him to find solace in rather than etching on his seat behind me in boredom day after day which he had be suffering for weeks...

Myself, I'm just finding solace by the fact that this Tuesday has been almost eventless except for some claim of mix up in the morning which led me changing a part of one of the equipment that got me stumbled and delayed for a safety meeting for the shared facilities.
So I crossed the sky bridge (only the 2nd time since it was officially and safely opened for usage) to the opposite building which should be the venue of the meeting only to be dumbfounded by an eerie lack of human activities in the entire floor of meeting rooms...
Oops...seems like I got the date wrong, should be on Thursday...

Well all these might be a thing of a past if I was to really jump ship to BY's workplace which she mentioned to me that her boss had been buzzing with interest since her recommendation yesterday and now just had to wait for the HR department to dispense the official opening of the position mentioned.

Now come the part that seemed to put me in a spot...
I had lost all the soft copies of my previously-composed cover letters, my resume as well as my result slips from my university days which are important documents if I was to like job-hop whenever I like...
It's not that I am a slipshod fellow who's life is as disorganised as JxMMy's work station (hey wait, maybe I am)..just that all these documents were in the portable hard disk that died that faithful day in December.
I think I had no problem composing a brand new cover letter if required but it's the template of the CV that I am in dire needs and now I am banking on my lass bearing a soft copy of that since it was her who sent that to me originally.
Well just be vigilant with situation over at BY's side as she had claimed I am the prime candidate so far and getting my documents ready by then.

Talking about BY, she had beckoned me to join her for a jog in the gym either today or Thursday which no can do for my side as there was that "bogus" meeting I had marked wrongly and I'll be keeping an eye on the contractors at home 2 days later.
Amazingly she did went to the gym despite the fact that she is flying solo (as previously she would be accompanied by YM or YM's sister) and I thought I could join her half way but she just ran for like 20 minutes and call it a day just as I stepped into the gym area...think she gotta work on her cardio to build stamina...
Japanese word of the day: うわの空~u-wa-no-sora~(Absent-minded)Can tell you how much I give a damn about that meeting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home