ぼくの日記

Friday, March 31, 2006

The Toll on Our Pockets

31st March 2006, Friday

The final day of March as well as the final day of the work week..
Later in the evening, I would be joining my ex-colleagues, "The 3 Witches" for dinner, expecting that'll be a whining session about anything under the sun...perhaps it would be a suitable channel for me to vent my recently-acquired edginess...

As I had mentioned at the start of March that it would be a wonderful month to savour..it indeed was with my marriage solemnization taking the precedence, the visit of Eriko & Souu, the smooth renovation blueprint and price negotitation/ budgetting as well as the PROGRESS package coming to our doorsteps...
However I also did highlight the hoodoo looming within the household recently including petty tiffs, emotional topsy turvy, many of us plagued by illness, toothaches, injuries etc.
Therefore it seems that this month has really been a roller coaster ride for my mood...just 2 days ago I was feeling chirpy, but just 48 hours later, I'm suffering from a bout of edginess...

Money is the root of my douldrum as of late...

Sure extra cash are on the way in the form of the PROGRESS package as well as my performance bonus, but the thought of all the money had been allocated for certain uses and I am down to virtually cents to fall back on, I just don't like that feeling...
In addition, the cost of my wedding is escalating which I had been hoping for a plug to halt the upward movements...
My wife has been wonderful enough to shoulder that financial burden with me but I am dire concerned about her own expenses and savings as well...

My credit card bill statement was delivered and I had to foot a grand total of 4k + for my massive amount of expenditures in late February till mid March...bulk of it was constituted by the Smasung LCD TV (1.7k), the 2nd payment for the wedding package from Z D'sign (1.8k) as well as the banquet tasting session cum post-solemnization celebration ($200+++). in addition some unsuspecting additions such as protectors for my iPod from Apple Center, lunch bill for Farhana's final day and even spending at La Tendo...
Although the main bulk had been etched within my wedding budget and around 2.7K was to be contributed by my spouse, I am currently still not so well endowed with ready cash in my bank account to pay that lump sum as I would not want to see the amount I had amassed painfully over the years been decimated just by a credit card bill..
My lass called saying she had just paid for the pair of water purification units she had intended to bring into the household, thus a bit tight herself before she departed to Italy for her work stint; therefore she could only pass me a mere 1K from her share.
This means I will need to cough out that remaining 3K plus myself...
So please god let my performance bonus be hefty enough to buffer that amount...

Seriously both my parents and myself had lamented over the fact that my lass had been to "generous" with her spending on the water purification units each costing around 1.3K!!
I don't know..but I feel she could just do with one as my family hasn't been so health conscious to begin with; or at least wait for sometime when her bank account has recovered from that impact of expenditures for the rest of the wedding package...
Regardless of what I put here, she must had planned beforehand to commit to that purchase rather than been a mere impulse which I fear for...
Her spending habits should be examined under the microscope and be corrected as substantial savings are important for the happiness of our future...

I wished I would be earning a bit more than I am now, so that I would never worry about whether we have enough "okane" to spend and satisfy every aspects of our lives and even help out my family as of yesterday my sister was hit in a 2nd toothache in as many weeks.
It was a pre-molar and she felt an extraction would make here look hideous when smiling...thus she hopes for a "re-rooting" of the tooth which can cost up to a few hundreds to a thousand or so...
My parents as well as her beau are of no financial capacity to assist her and she herself had been tied down by her Egyptian trip...
I would loan her the money if I could but seriously I can't....

Money issues aside, I had been frowning upon the late nights my lass had been indulging lately...
She is back to actively mingling into her side line which was why she seems to scour for prospective clients whenever she is free as well as attending meetings on Monday and Wednesday till close to 11pm despite work beckons the next morning...
I felt it would take a toll on her physical condition and also I might not see her over weekends with 2 weeks left before she flies off to Italy...
That is getting a bit into me for sure, perhaps I am having too small a soial circle to make up for her absence soon...

Surely it is not a desirable end to a rather long week for me...mood wise...
Japanese word of the day: 相違 (Difference) That has been a stark difference in my mood lately...the swing can be quite perilous to some extent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home