ぼくの日記

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Till the Dust Settles... Day 3

13th April 2006, Thursday

Just a quick note before I call it a day from work and falling into the embrace of a long weekend though not too chirpy since my lass is leaving in 2 days time...
Ok enough of whiny melancholy.

Yesterday evening wasn't a too fantastic one for my entire household...
Dad was really cranky as the contractor really delayed the progress of the renovation as we had all anticipated a fully done bathroom for the master bedroom.
But for a cocktail of unfavorable reasons such as insufficient hands and poor leadership, the progress was left dangling in mid air as we endured on more day of showering nightmare and they even wrecked the water cistern of the common bathroom which incensed Dad who spent a good amount of time fixing it when I returned.

Mom was totally exhausted after squaring up the place while Sis was getting edgy about the slow progress of the renovation as well as worrisome about her last examination today which was critical. Then there will be the cable guy who will install the cable network for the 2 rooms which we hope would not be too ordeal a task.

I remained pretty solemn the entire evening as I was also quite irritated and afraid I would say the wrong things but they considered that as simply ignorant to the surroundings.
Then the internet connection got abit haywire which really ticks me off as well...

It's been a waiting game all day long for that sacred letter which always left us bewildered in a guessing game on how good or bad our performance bonus was..Last year was a pleasant surprise and I was crossing my fingers, hoping a dejavu or at least what I had expected so as I could keep within budget for all the expenses for the wedding...
In the morning Siti was prompt to query about how much I had expected for the bonus as well as keeping tabs of each others' movement in the coming month.
She also made known to me that Old Hag had requested LF to tender her resignation only in May so as be valid for the bonus package which she promised "would be better than last year"

As JxMMy left for a half day leave and Bobby very much cooped at the Histology side as of everyday of the past fornight, I was left waiting with a long neck for the entire afternoon for an sight of a white envelope to bring in the good news while taking charge of the service which seen a hike in demands as of eves of all long weekends.
Finally the envelope with the company's logo arrived duly from the hands of my supervisor and I ensured that I was free from any chores and be seated to absorb any bad news while prayinig fervently for better ones....
So prising open the loosely sealed envelope, I was rubbing my eyes to check on the figures which had no indication of the percentage of the bonus...
I don't want to reveal too much but all I can say is that the sum comes very handy for all the bills and extra expense which I surely savour.
It seemed like LF has been receiving the amount promised by Hag at the end of the day, more like a parting gift before she leaves in forseeable future...

I left for La Tendo after work since I won't be going in the weekend and my late return brought about animosity from my family....who thought I didn't bother with all the ongoings at home...maybe had to seek some redemptions in the next couple of days...sigh
Japanese word of the day: キリン~ki-rin~ (Giraffe) I am surprise my neck is stick short enough not to be that tallest mammal on earth after such a long wait today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home