ぼくの日記

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Till the Dust Settles...Day 2

12th April 2006, Wednesday

Day two of the bathrooms renovations ended with the tiles in the common toilet been hacked clean and now as bare as Paris Hilton in her sex tape (not that I have watched it before, or have I?)...
Meanwhile the retiling of the bathroom of the master bedroom is close to 90% completion and it seems like our dull greenish floor tiles actually match the wooden shades my lass and I had selected.
With the removal of the tiles of the common bathroom, the sink and eventually the toilet bowl and water cistern would be removed to accomodate the re-tiling process and thus we had to transit comfortably to ensure you had at least one point of sanitation in the house, meaning the toilet bowl of the master bedroom had to be upped today if not we would be looking at large mineral water with pee ..a thought to be nauseated about but it did happened when my ship was high and dry at the dock for overhaul back in my Navy days.
Without the sink, we had to wash up in the morning at the kitchen sink which was inaugural and pretty unhygenic; well for the short run, we just had to do with it.
With the removal of water heater and shower head in the common toilet, we had to go prehistoric with scooping water from a pail for a wash-up and Mom even had to pour boiling water to adjust the temperature tolerant by us in the early morning as we preparing for work.

Cooking is also been hindered with the dust around, thus Mom bought a couple of rice dumplings for my lunch today which basically returns that same level of calories I had burnt on the threadmill moments before.

As the contractors hastened their pace with the renovation project which I sincerely hope would be before the Good Friday, my family and I just had to stand united and braced ourselves for the inconveniences in various aspects of our everyday living.

I think the doors of the toilets had to be up today but as of now we are still very much vexed by the color to choose from as the sample the contractor provided seems a bit tarnished in original color.

My display cabinet should be promoted to 100% status with the fixing up of the final glass door as well as the arrival of the remaining glass plates.
However with the chaos state of my living room at the moment where Dad pasted a layer of protective sheet on the glass doors to prohibit the workers from blemishing the nice facade of the cabinet, I guessed the remainder of the display would only be up in the weekends which is fine by me.
I returned to be surprised by all my outer boxes for my trading figures are been burrowed out of the chasm underneath my super single bed and placed neatly on the various shelves recently cleared of figurines. I was actually glad Mom had done that on her own initiative as she nearly choked at the amount of dust ball accumulated around my room. She wouldn't want to be embarrassed by the ridiculous state when the cable contractor came in to extend and install the cable points of the other rooms.

All in all, Dad's original plan to paint the bedrooms had to be adjourned to a later dates, most probably next week and then the furnishing could be processed and the moving which I project to be in mid or late May... Let's hope things proceed as smooth as velvet...sorry about that lame analogy...
Japanese word of the day: お風呂~O-fu-ro~(Bath) Surely not used to the prehistoric scooping water from the pail. It is highly inefficient to wash those hard to reach areas of the body for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home