ぼくの日記

Monday, June 05, 2006

Two Weddings & the World Cup

5th June 2006, Monday

The title gives an insight of a rather eventful week ahead for myself...
The anticipation for the World Cup has kind of boiled over and my beloved Oranje could only drew 1:1 with the Aussies at Rotterdam but got 3 players (Cocu, Sneijder & Van Bronckhorst) on the injury list..not a good sign man..

After a nice Austrian escapade to Vienna and Salzburg, my lass is finally and ultimately safely back to Agrate for a full week of work ahead and we can really start counting down a month before her return which I couldn't wish more to be sooner...

Talking about returning from overseas, my sister is back from her week long Orient trip and brought back some local delicacies which is always something to look forward to rather than useless ornaments or novelty items I had received from friends or colleagues from their overseas trip...I know it's the thoughts that count but I rather they just save their good money rather than leaving me with some items I would usually ended up throwing down the rubbish chute...

The weekend had been a peaceful one with a long of time for myself (as of all the weekends before this)...
Got a string urge to watch some of the massive video collections of programs I had ardently been recording in the past..ultimately the Music Station series...
Perhaps a last trip down the memory lane before I decided to discard the entire box of video tapes...
Mom was pleasantly surprised that the tape are still free from mould and the images are still very clear on my LCD TV...

Wanted to have a good, long Saturday evening to recollect performances from some of the top draw artists in the J pop scene from the circa of mid 2000; but Mom had forgotten where she had misplaced my VCR (yes we still have one at home)...
Thus my viewing only began on Sunday which started really early at around 9 in the morning for me as I endured a humid day just lazing around and doing my webpage (I am on form working on that since the imminent future might not promise me such luxury with the new job and the last stretch of preparation for the wedding)

On Saturday, made my way to La Tendo only by 5 in the evening and only Karen was present to help the gang out and only then I realized she is a huge fan of Rain, the so-so singer but great dancer from Korea which my buddy Jiu Kong can do an impeccable impersonation..heehee
I had a chat with Tay-chan and Vincent who returned from a torrid trip to Japan, enduring the nonsense from the batch of St. Margaret girls, about the importance of a proficient online shop which should open up enormous overseas market for them which their current flimsy webpage is incapable of...
They had shown interest in roping me in to do write-outs or descriptions for their stocks at hand which I would gladly do so..and perhaps if everything hits off, I could be looking a brand new career path in the future...and surely that's where my passion lies...

Well with the movie "The Omen" opening worldwide with that evil digits of 666 tomorrow, I will be attending the wedding banquet to this friend (which I heard is a popular date for many couple locally, but wedding on weekday is always hard for the newly-weds, helpers and of course the guests)...the first girl I ever had a massive crush on for years...perhaps I will sneak a chunk of the story for tomorrow...
Japanese word of the day: ビデオレコーダー ~bi-de-o-re-coo-daa~(VCR) Well at least with DVD recorder, there is less possibility of storage been ravaged by moulds or taking way too much space

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home