ぼくの日記

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Life's back in momentum

28th June 2006, Wednesday

My 3rd day of work was in full swing relatively early the morning when Phillis tried his very best to report to work early as we retrieve the samples we had prepared which was kept incubated overnight and prepare them for scanning and collection of results...
The last few steps were abit tedious and require total focus and I felt I might have ruin one of the set in the end though our mentor, the Beauty was always a foot off the accelaerator and adopt the "it's ok, we'll see mode"...
In the afternoon we just analyze the results which I expected to be tedious and hefty and it is but I think I will get the hang of it...

I had a few opportunities to talk to a couple of the 3 "Big Heads" in our group and they didn't have a tinge of air when they acknowledge my arrival into the department which you will never see SeBan be that condescending ever...

So the work is getting into track, the bosses maybe be demanding but not discriminating...then the colleagues are generally quite friendly...
This Malay girl who is assisting BY with the preparation part of the group is quite nice to chat with especially when you didn't unveil the fact that she is idling about...
Jason, a chap handling another platform is friendly though is rather rserved and almost always restricted himself with work and certain close colleagues...
Kian Moon (if that's how you spell his name) put "S" in stoic but can be quite informative and should be a close ally when you need one...

The rest of the group still feel indifferent of my presence but I am already feeling at home more than my former workplace...
God I have gotta stop belittling my former workplace but hurling accolades for this current one but I don't think I will stop that for a while to come...

Mr Wong, the utility guy got hold of me today and I will be getting my official staff pass in a week and with the network account and a workstation of my own..we can start rock and roll, baby...


The company which my fomer company spent millions of dollars with equipments and machineries just moved within our vicinity and they had an open house to their brand new office today with a reception...
I thought of asking BY to come along an hour before knocking off but she seems to be occupied with work, so I strolled along the myriad of sky bridges to the building a stone throw away before she called claiming I had not "jio" her...
So there we were mingling with the sales and technicians whom I had grown accustomed to over the years while BY seems to be there for the freebies...
Of course we spotted some familiar faces incuding of 2 of our heads...
Some of them were of course surprised about my sudden defectionas I had no opportunity before to tell them about it...
Finally we complete our tournage with some food who Michelle, one of the sales encouraged us to pack some to bring back since there had been much surplus and it would be a wastse..
After some hesitation at first, we duly packed some food which I deemed might be breakfast to tomorrow...

Back home 2 pieces of news to continue to lift my mood further as my lass would be back on Friday evening which always the earlier the better...
And then I checked my bank account and the pay the former employeres had owed me is in finally without the hassle of chasing them for it...woohoo...

Finally for the World Cup, it was sheer disappointment that the on-form Spain went wayward agasint the uncle Le Bleus as Vieira and Zidane scored the winner in the dying minutes..
It would be the repeat of the 1998 World Cup final as they would face Brazil in the q-final after they soundly beat Ghana...
There would be 2 days of sabbatical after 2 long weeks of footballing action as the quarters begin on Friday...

Germany vs Argentina: I will surely want the Argentines to win so I go with a 3:2 victory to the blue stripes...

England vs Portugal: The English will be having that slight edge and they might just make it to their first semi since 1990, so 2:1 to them

Italy vs Ukraine: Italy has the luck with them but for how long? Scheva would want to score against the Italians without the fear of going back to Milan next season...I think Ukraine might nick this from penalty once again

Brazil vs France: Could France continue their superiority since 8 years back? I doubt so...Brazil to win by 2 clear goals...
Japanese word of the day:勢 ~se-i~(Momentum) It sure is good to get everything on track with such ease...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home