ぼくの日記

Thursday, August 03, 2006

12 Missed Calls

3rd August 2006, Thursday

Recently my neighborhood had transformed into mini Brooklyn hoodlum with a teenager been slashed while lingering at a nearby basketball court in the middle of the night (not the best thing to do seriously) while days later another had his handphone been robbed against his will (which is true all the time unless you wanna change your handphone that desperately)
Which is why I would be really jittery when my missus is out too late...

For the past 2 evenings she was back to her sideline seminar routine and had to contend to reaching home near midnight...
When I called her around that timing last evening she was in the cab with a fellow companion from her sideline who also lives in Yishun...

I went to sleep, hoping that she would leave a SMS to announce her back home safely so that I could rest assured when I picked it up in the morning...
But she never did..and my usual routine these days would be buzzing her when I just got to work and she would most probably to rushing for hers that moment...

One call passed after another and no picking up...
The dialing became frantic and I was starting to got worked up about her well-being in the morning as such I couldn't really concentrate on my work till I hear her voice...
She had 2 mobile lines but none was been responded and I even buzzed her home thinking that she might had overslept...
My last resort would be calling her office and it seemed to work as her colleague beckoned her to the phone which led to me lambasting of not picking up my call...
She claimed she had not hear the ringing and even shrugged away my repetitive dialing as non-existent before seeing her phone and muttered..."oh..12 missed call.."

She seemed pretty moody for the past few days and I wasn't too upbeat at that spot as well when we hung up before it poliferated into a big unruly tussle...
It is really ironic that we had actually switched positions as she was once the frantic master to seek me out when I had forgotten to SMS her when I got home after sending her home...

A really out-of-this-world paranoid thought which lingering in my mind in the morning which would be suspicious of her seeing another man behind my back...
It's is truly absurd and perhaps I had watched too many sleazy American soap operas lately...

Japanese word of the day: 逃された呼出し (Missed call) 12 truly shows how concern I can be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home